Monday, November 7, 2022

T Stands For Tea Cup Book, Week 1

 

 Bleubeard and I welcome you to T this T Tuesday.

I will be making a book of tea cups, starting with this first page.  It is the front cover of the first signature.  I didn't have time to finish and scan the rest of the signature, which will consist of a front page (as shown), a middle containing two tea cups, and a back page.  However, I will finish this and hopefully have the second signature finished next week in time for T.
 
This page consists of collage fodder, which is one of Bleubeard's and my themes at Art Journal Journey, where we are hosting this month. It actually covers both themes, which are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  
 
I'm keeping it short this week, since last week I caused photo overload. 

Now it's time to share your own drink related post, please.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  

EDIT: Please note.  I'm having trouble leaving a comment on many blogger blogs.  I get a "Failed to Publish, Try Again Later" message.  If you don't hear from me right away, it's because of Blogger.  It seems to happen on Embedded Comments only!
 
 
 
 

 

  We are also joining AEDM.

 
On November 2, I took advantage of my constitutional right and voted.  The line was not long at all, as opposed to some polling places where people were in line for nearly an hour.  According to the news, today the lines have been over two hours long at the main location downtown.

If you live in the States and have not yet done so, please

(Image found on the internet.)

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

You are so right that voting (for Americans) tomorrow is critical to our future. I’m very nervous about the possible results. The bots and snakes and disinformation from Russia are all in force, creating havoc. We have to hope that sanity prevails.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Darla said...

Your Tea Cup book looks and sounds interesting. I've been working on a little book myself although it doesn't have a theme. Maybe I need a theme to finally finish it.

I voted by mail. Took my ballot to an actual post office and received a text from our County that is was received and would be counted, I am not usually eager to watch the news but I know I will be tuned in to it tomorrow.

Carola Bartz said...

Your book is a great idea and it looks very promising.
I voted last week and put my ballot in a drop-off box. Fortunately, voting in California is made very easy for everybody here. No excuse for not voting.
Happy T day, Elizabeth and Bleubeard!

DVArtist said...

Oregon makes voting so easy. Since 1998 if you are a registered voter a ballot will be mailed to your home. Simply fill it out, sign it and put it back int he mail or in a convenient ballot box. Mine is just a few blocks. However, most people do not put ballots in the US mail since Dejoy took over the mail and ruined it. I voted last week. I can also go on line to my account to see if my ballot was recieved. There has never been any problems with this way of voting until... you know who. Now enough of that. I am glad your line wasn't too long. I do love the art and perfect a T cup book. Have a very nice evening.

kathyinozarks said...

I look forward to seeing more of your tea cup book-loving it. I am working on a collage fodder page tonight for your theme- Happy T and thanks for hosting.

My name is Erika. said...

I love your idea for a Tea cup book. What a fun way to use up your collage fodder. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. And I am voting tomorrow before I head out as we don't have early voting here in NH. Only absentee voting by mail or voting in person. I love your vote meme, especially the V which is a major issue for me.Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

Amila said...

This tea cup book cover is fantastic. It will be a nice project. I am looking forward to seeing more pages when this book is progressing.
Thanks for sharing & hosting. Have a great week and a T day!

Sami said...

Glad you voted and that the line wasn't too long. Voting should be compulsory I think, so many complain about the elected governments but don't bother to vote.
Nice "love" poster.

Kate Yetter said...

Such a great journal page with your tea cup, made out of fodder. Our day to vote is tomorrow. Here's hoping the lines will not be too long.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Cloudia said...

Glad you voted. Me too! ALOHA Bluebeard

Iris Flavia said...

Can´t wait to see more of your book!
Yes. Voting is very important!!!
Sad many Germans got slack about it. We always go.

Elephant's Child said...

I am looking forward to seeing more of your book. Voting is compulsory here - which I don't think is a bad thing. My partner doesn't vote - which I do think is a bad thing.

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving your teacup, what a great idea with the collage fodder too! I can't wait to see more 😊. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Teacups. Great idea for a book. Looking forward to seeing more. Happy T Day

Christine said...

Nice page

Lisca said...

Yes, voting is important. Women have suffered to get us the vote, so we should use it. I have been out of it for a while and have no idea what you are voting for (sorry, how ignorant of me but I'm concentrating on other things at the mo).
It's a good idea to make a book to use up your journal stuff that wouldn't otherwise get used. Looking forward to seeing the complete page.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Empire of the Cat said...

I like your teacup. I've been getting a problem with blogger on popup comment forms for about a week or so. It takes ages to load but then after that, it's ok, but it looks like it's not going to load at all. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

jinxxxygirl said...

Well i'am sorry if your having trouble commenting on my post.. And YES hubby and i did go vote.. We early voted.. I love the idea of your tea cup book.. can't wait to see it further along! I'll have to write that down as a theme for an altered book in the future! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

pearshapedcrafting said...

I couldn't comment on my computer again but using my old tablet seems to work. I love the start of your Tea Cup book looks great,looking forward to seeing more, hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

I love your collage fodder teacup Elizabeth, great page!