Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Go Fish!

 

By now most of you know that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month and our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. We both admit we've shown our share of fish tales this month, but we promise this is the final one.

We have named this Go Fish!  Although I have never played the game, a couple of the cards from the game were used for a bit of humor.

We will now share a few detail shots.



I rotated this so you may read the instructions if you so choose.

I have no idea what any of these fish are, but I hope some of you do.



Like most of my fish tales, I chose to keep the background neutral, choosing 140 lb. cream cardstock as the background and substrate.  Those fish were lined up and I couldn't resist using them.  There were some interesting recipes, but I wish they had used butter.  Of course, the book was written in 1972 when margarine wasn't considered to be so evil and bad for you.  I computer generated the words "Go fish!" on pink printer/copier paper. 

Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own version of Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  
 

  We are also joining AEDM.

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Yet another fun (and very creative) page. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, I think you are promoting eating fish this month! I love fish so that's fine with me! Hugs, Valerie

Jenn Jilks said...

You find the best pieces for your art. So lovely to view!

Iris Flavia said...

A cute guy indeed, fun, creative page.
We have fish fingers in the freezer. Maybe something for the weekend :-)

My name is Erika. said...

I like that fish on the lem catfish card. He's lots of fun. You must have found lots of fish images because you've done a lot of fish pages this month. This page has lots of fun bits and pieces, and I know at least 1 guy who would like to go fish, if it wasn't so cold outside. Smile. Have a super Thanksgiving and hope you're feeling better. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

We used to love Go Fish, but it's been ages since I played.

Give me catfish and give it to me fried :)

Mavinindenizi said...

good post, thank you

Mae Travels said...

Your fish sketches are very intriguing. I have no idea what they are, despite having shopped for whole fish this week (they were delicious!) … I remember playing Go Fish! with my brother, sister, and maybe cousins, but we always just used a regular deck of cards leftover from some Aunt’s weekly bridge club. When you were asked for a card that you did not have, you would yell “Go FISH!

Have a good Thanksgiving!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

Love your Go Fish journal page! So fun that you used the Game cards. But, I can’t believe you never played it! I enjoyed seeing your page.

Christine said...

Nice page

Haddock said...

Never knew that there are these many verities of knife (for fish)

Neet said...

Something a bit fishy about this page. I love the catfish, what a hoot! I have never attempted to fillet a fish and no intention now anyway but interesting to see and read about it.
Hugs, Neet xxx

DVArtist said...

I really like the way you have presented the last 2 posts. Have a wonderful day today.

craftytrog said...

Another fabulous fishy page!