Sunday, November 13, 2022

Fish Tale

 

I want to let everyone know, I'm still having trouble leaving comments on some blogs.  I will try to let you know some other way if I am unable to leave a comment on your blog.

Those of you who visit often probably know by now that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month and our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. 

Bleubeard is thrilled we are sharing a fish tale today.
 
We have a few detail shots for you.
 


 
 


I combined two pages from the kitchen tools book that was published in 1973 to create this fish tale.  I sewed the fish to the background page, then added the title using stickers.
 
Bleubeard and I are thrilled you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own version of Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. 
 

  We are also joining AEDM.


 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry you are still having trouble leaving comments. I have found that chasing my browser sometimes helps.
Love your fishy tales too.

Rita said...

Something I did a few times as a kid but was never able to put bait on a hook or take the fish off. Obviously know very little about it--lol! Know more about how to keep an aquarium, though. ;)

craftytrog said...

Fabulous! I love the stitched fish Elizabeth.
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, another very fishy story! Fun page Elizabeth, love how you sewed on the fishes. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a sewn-on fish and the fishing reminds me of the past but I just watched and preferred to fry the fish! Great idea on the topic! Hopefully things will get better soon with the comments I had a few months ago.
Happy Sunday, hug Elke

My name is Erika. said...

Nice fishy story Elizabeth. You must have a super book with lots of great food pages as you've shared so many vintage food pages this month. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

Sorry about your commenting issues. Such a pain.
Great fishy tails!

Jeanie said...

I'm liking your fishy series! Your comments on mine are coming through and I'm always grateful and happy to see you there!

CJ Kennedy said...

Now I want to go out to dinner. Sadly, one of my favorite fishes, swordfish isn't on the list. Maybe not known in Mrs. Beeton's time.

Mae Travels said...

That’s a great collage, using historic materials that evoke the past. But sadly, so many fish on old lists like that are now rare or near extinction. The lists we have to look at are the lists that analyze which fish are ecologically responsible to eat. Back then, so many resources seemed infinite, but we have learned differently now. It’s heartbreaking.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful collage.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Elizabeth! I have been off the computer since friday-our Wisconsin friends drove down for the weekend-thank you for the paint tips hugs

DVArtist said...

Yes, I still have to go to a different browser to leave comments on some blogs. Really love this page. You always come up with the best ideas. Have a great day.

Christine said...

Nice work!

Neet said...

You always make me feel guilty with your stitching - I mean to do some but never do. One day! Love it when you do it.
Great fishy page though.
Hugs, Neet xxx
ps once when I couldn't leave comments I sent emails to the persons with my comment for them to add themselves with my name. Just an idea but I guess it's too many for you to do all of that. Not so in my case.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this! The background page would have been very useful in 1973, maybe less so now with so many freezers around. I had just finished college, where I qualified as a Home Economics teacher in 1973 and we did learn about seasonal foods. With more folk growing their own produce seasonal is coming back in fashion again. Hugs, Chrisx