Monday, October 10, 2022

T Stands For Sunflowers

 

This is a scheduled post.  If you are reading this, it means I have been selected for jury duty.  Also it means I cannot host this week.  I hope to ask my friend Erika to act as host in my absence.  If she agrees, I want to thank her in advance.

It's that time of year when my wild sunflowers are in bloom.  The bees were busy buzzing around them, so I only cut a few.  I was elated because I have never seen so many bees at one time in my life.  Of course I had to pair them with my sunflower placemat.

Since it is T Tuesday, I am once again using my autumn leaf mug that I filled with green tea.
 
After drinking my tea, I found a more suitable place for the sunflowers.  It's definitely looking like autumn here.  The lit candle in the pumpkin doesn't show well, but it certainly smells good.

Now it's time to share your own drink related post, please.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  





20 thoughtful remarks:

Carola Bartz said...

Your sunflowers are lovely! No wonder the bees went crazy over them!
I hope your jury duty will not last too many days for you - it can be quite disruptive in your regular life, but it is also our civic duty. I have been in the selection process, but never got selected. I found the process quite interesting though.

Mae Travels said...

Great to see that you scheduled a post for Tuesday’s Tea Party! Somehow I knew you would do that. I hope your actual jury duty is interesting and enjoyable, and that you are able to return to your life of crafting and blogging pretty soon!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

You have such pretty things and you put them together to create a wonderful place. I really like that vase. Have a great Tuesday.

My name is Erika. said...

Your sunflowers are beautiful Elizabeth. And I'm happy there were lots of bees, getting their last pollen before winter. And I hope you have an interesting time at jury duty and the case is interesting. We'll want to know how it went (but not sharing specifics if you can't). Hope the trial doesn't run too long. And you have a T day drink even if you can't be with us. I'll miss you being here online. hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Love your sunflowers and pumpkin candle. I am imagining the smell. Uhm, good. Hope all is going well with the jury duty. Hugs!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your sunflowers - and hope that the jury duty isn't too gruelling.

Kate Yetter said...

Very beautiful vase full of sunflowers!
I have always thought it would be interesting to do jury duty but I haven't been selected as of yet. I hope you enjoy it.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful sunflowers and mug (despite I don´t like this dark time of the year).
Hope all goes/went well in court. I think we don´t have this concept here in Germany.
I hope you are allowed to tell a bit of your experience there.

jinxxxygirl said...

The flowers are lovely Elizabeth as is the vase and mug and mat and candle pumpkin! I wish you all the luck with jury duty.. knock on wood i've never had to go as yet.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Cloudia said...

Happy T Day!

CJ Kennedy said...

The sunflowers are so pretty and I love your Jack O'Lantern. Happy T Day

Debra said...

Your flowers and decorations are so beautiful together. I hope you can return to blogland soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the sunflowers. Hope you enjoy the jury duty, hugs!

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving your happy flowers and vase! Thanks for thinking of T Day when your so busy and I hope all is going well, and it's so lovely of Erika to host for you, that's so kind - yay 😊. Take care and happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry you're not here for T Day! I hope that jury service isn't too harrowing and that you are soon back to crafting and blogging, Hugs, Chrisxx

Empire of the Cat said...

Hope you are enjoying your jury duty, and that it doesn't last too long for you. Sunflowers are lovely. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Your sunflowers are lovely - hope jury service is going well.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I have a wild fall-blooming sunflower, too. What a treat it is when I see the first bud :) I love your vase. I hope your jury service goes well.

Rita said...

Not the usual sunflowers. They are gorgeous! :)

Barbara said...

Thank you for your sweet note, Elizabeth. I’m still around and reading, just not commenting very much. I was called for jury duty last week but somehow they didn’t know I’m way over 75 so I was not a valid candidate. My daughter and her husband are new beekeepers and thank you for leaving flowers for the bees. You are a dear!