Sunday, October 30, 2022

Monday Murals: Another Wichita Flag

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.    

Driving around last Sunday, I found this.  My friend, who was driving stopped so I could take this photo.  He lives in the Los Angeles area, so I'm not sure he knew this is my city's flag.

Those of you who have been around my blog for any length of time, have seen I feature this flag in many forms, often with the "hogan," or the center changed in some way.  This however, is a true example of the flag of the City of Wichita.  You can see there is no artist's signature.  This flag is on the side of an empty building at 2202 West Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA). 

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Bleubeard and I will be on hiatus until December 4, when we will return with (hopefully) new murals.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am constantly amazed at how many murals incorporate your city's flag. I cannot ever remember seeing any that feature that of my city.

Valerie-Jael said...

Another nice rendering of your city's flag! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

You sure live in a great, proud place! Wonderful!
Here you mainly find Henry on car stickers, not many murals...

Christine said...

Interesting find

My name is Erika. said...

Nice flag mural. This flag is used all over your city, isn't it? Happy rest of your weekend Elizabeth!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a great find!

CJ Kennedy said...

So nice that your city takes pride in their flag.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

You always find great murals.

Jeanie said...

I don't know if we even have a city flag!

Mae Travels said...

You inspired me to look up the Ann Arbor city flag. I’ve never seen it flying anywhere, but I’m going to start looking more carefully. The logo at the center of it, however, is familiar. But we don’t have anywhere near the representation of our flag that you have documented for your city, and I think your series of images is really neat.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...I'm glad to see that you found another flag mural, they are so distinctive.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a good flag mural.
I agree with Tom, they are very distinctive.

All the best Jan

dee Nambiar said...

I learnt of this flag right here on this blog. :)
I'll recognize it anywhere now.

That's a nice find. Have a good week, Elizabeth. :)

Amila said...

This is a beautiful mural. And, it is great to see a city flag featured as a wall mural. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Rita said...

I don't even know if we have a city flag, either. I should google that--lol!

Sami said...

Your city has so many murals incorporating the city's flag.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Jackie McGuinness said...

As everyone has already said, it is interesting that so many choose to paint the flag.

magiceye said...

This is so cool to see your city flag elsewhere as a mural!

Linda said...

It’s a cool flag so I see why it’s popular.

Divers and Sundry said...

Striking! It's fun when the muralists don't feel the need to fill up a large space with smaller elements but are willing to let a larger image stand on its own.