Monday, October 24, 2022

A Fairy's Tale

 

I'm once again joining Elle from Empire of the Cat, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Fairytales, Folklore, and Fables - Tell Me A Story

I give you A Fairy's Tale.

She spreads her glittery wings

eager

to share her tale,

a tale passed down from generation to generation.

This was a tale about the flowers

around the lily pond.

I started by printing and coloring this image I found in my stash.  If I knew where I got it, I would give credit.  Sadly, I do not.  Possibly from one of the sites I share on my right side bar under "Eye candy and freebies."  I used both water soluble crayons and watercolor pencils to color this.  I am not good at coloring, unlike some people.  For me it is a chore, not a pleasure.  Once completed and dry I added the Stickles white glitter on her wings.

I cut the image to size, then sewed it to a backing of blue scrapbook paper using black, blue, and white variegated thread.

Bleubeard and I are truly delighted you joined us today, and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fairytales, Folklore, and Fables - Tell Me A Story.
 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful fairy page, Elizabeth, lovely colours, too. Have a good start in the new week. Could you please link me to TsfT this evening? Thanks!

Elephant's Child said...

That is dainty and gorgeous.

Valerie-Jael said...

I sent you a mail with the link to the YouTube video from Tarcy Verdugo and her abstract lesson. Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful fairy page. I love this!!!
Hug Elke

Mae Travels said...

I'm surprised that you do not like coloring. I sometimes find it very relaxing, along with doodling when I'm taking notes. Someone once told me that I'm an "O-filler" because I color in letters on a printed page.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

LOve fairies! And you did a beautiful job especially since you don't enjoy coloring.. I've loved coloring from the time i was a little girl.. Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a pretty fairy and you did a beautiful job of coloring. I also love the glitter you sprinkled her with

My name is Erika. said...

That is a lovely fairytale indeed. I like how you colored in the flowers but not the fairy. It makes her stand out. And of course, flowers are better with color. Happy Monday. 'See" you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

This is a lovely one!

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet. I like the colors.

Christine said...

Lovely page!

Let's Art Journal said...

A beautiful page! The little fairy looks so adorable with all those pretty flowers and I love the addition of the glitter and sparkle - perfect 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful fairy page.

All the best Jan

Fairy Qu33n said...

Very beautiful 😍😍😍

Empire of the Cat said...

Pretty fairy page today Elizabeth. I like the colours and the stickle glitter shine. I don't like those colouring books you get for adults, unfortunately people have gifted me some that will never get coloured lol. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx