Sunday, September 11, 2022

Monday Murals: Never Forget

 

Today is 9/11, a date I will never forget.  Here are some statistics:

2,753 lives lost in NYC, 341 active New York City firefighters died, 2,977 people killed in New York City, Washington, D.C., and outside Shanksville, Pa., 184 people killed when hijacked American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, 40 passengers and crew killed when United Flight 93 crashed near Shanksville, Pa..  I hope you won't forget today, either.

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.    

 This is the best I could do to honor 9/11.  I found this United States flag painted on the side of a building on U.S. 54 Hwy in Iola, Kansas (USA).


There is no indication who the artist was, although I looked.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by this weekend. Bleubeard and I are delighted you could join us.  He and I hope we never see anything like 9/11 again.
 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

A good statement.
I sure do know where I was and what I did when this tragedy, this madness happened.
To imagine... the babies born that year are adults now, without ever meeting their Daddies.
All wars and terror attacks we witnessed... so senseless.
Oh, wrong, witness. Look at Ukraine.
And Autumn/Winter is on the way again.

Elephant's Child said...

This is an event I will never forget. Never, ever.

Jenn Jilks said...

There are scary things going on out there.

Nancy said...

A good choice for a commemorative post. Unimaginable event- such loss.

Christine said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Divers and Sundry said...

I clearly remember that day :(

Helen said...

came to answer your question. There has always been a bin of plants between Matt and Helen, the idea is they feed on the waste... it's just been growing so it's more visible. .
Re the Princess of Wales - the heir to the throne is the Prince of Wales so his wife is the Princess. It is not a title that can be retired because of a tragic accident.

Tom said...

...Elizabeth, wonderful for 911. Enjoy your week.

Mae Travels said...

That is a great way to commemorate today's anniversary.

You said you always photographed the murals that you posted, which is great, and I think almost all the participants do that. But sometimes I'm exploring a theme (like my Mona Lisa hobby) and like to find examples from many places. I don't think that's the same as just posting someone else's photos or the same as just copying someone else's blog post. Maybe I shouldn't link them to Sami's blog, though.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

me again. I did watch the tv coverage of the Proclamation, I had recorded it whilst I was out. King Charles took the pen out of his pocket to start with, it was his own pen he used.

craftytrog said...

A day the world will never forget!

Valerie-Jael said...

I think none of us can ever forget that day. Sorry I'm so ate, I had high fever again yesterday and had to stay in bed! Hugs, Valerie

Sami said...

Nice mural to commemorate a very sad and tragic day in the world's history!
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Lowcarb team member said...

An event I will never forget.
I like the mural to commemorate this day.

All the best Jan

Snowbrush said...

On Sunday, 60 Minutes presented a wonderful segment about the fire-fighters' response, losses, and rebuilding: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/september-11-fdny-world-trade-center-60-minutes-2022-09-11/

RedPat said...

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. We will never forget.