Monday, September 12, 2022

Dream catcher

 

I'm joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Fur and/or Feathers theme.  Seems Art Journal Journey was put on the back burner for a few days when the Queen of England died.  

This is the legend of the Dream Catcher.  Sadly, most of the feathers cover the dream catcher in the artwork, as well as the title which is "Legend of the Dream Catcher."

The dream catcher is still covered in feathers, but the legend is visible now.

Here's a closer look at the legend.

I started this page using a sea sponge to color the page using various Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I then added the legend and finally a real Dream Catcher.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fur and/or Feathers.
 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth! Love your dream catcher page, so pretty! I always have a dream catcher hanging on my bedhead. Hope you have a great, new week! Could you please link me this evening? Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

This is lovely.
I treasure the Dream Catcher that lives in our bedroom.

Neet said...

How lovely is this. I love dream catchers and you have a real one. Wonderful.
My friend who passed in America had a real one, it was massive but sadly when her house was burned down in one of the fires it went. Such memories I had of sitting with it over the fireplace. So special to me so a big thank you for your page today.I love the background you made to present the lovely writing and the dream catcher on, a delightful piece for the theme at Art Journal Journey.
Hugs, Neet xxx

CJ Kennedy said...

A pretty page and a lovely tradition.

jinxxxygirl said...

LOvely entry Elizabeth. I love that legend.. Did you make the dream catcher? i've made one in my life. Wouldn't mind making a few more.. I would like one as i gave that one away.. and maybe my granddaughters would like one.. Hugs! deb

Sandra Cox said...

I love this piece, dear Elizabeth. I so need a dream catcher. I seldom have good dreams.

Iris Flavia said...

I think my dream catcher does not work.
It hangs in the bedroom, yet we both from time to time have bad dreams.
E.g. I didn´t know (in my dream) if I really prepared Ingo´s food for work and luckily found cooked eggs in the freezer.
Who freezes cooked eggs?!
Yesterday night a very mean colleague from 2002 suddenly was in my kitchen. Maybe cause I had my company meeting today?

Your page is beautiful and my dream catcher stays :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your dream catcher page, it looks great :)

All the best Jan

Jenn Jilks said...

First Nations have so much wisdom to share.

My name is Erika. said...

That’s A brilliant idea for Neet’s challenge Elizabeth. I love it. That’s a cool way to use feathers. Hope all is well with you. In Yellowstone and it’s cold. Time to get moving but wanted to stop by the new AJJ pieces. Hope all is well, and even thought I am not joining in this week, happy T day too. Hugs Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember dream catchers being quite the thing back in the 70s, and I'm happy to see people still know about them. Beautiful piece.

craftytrog said...

I love your beautiful dream catcher page Elizabeth!
Alison

Shroo said...

I've just discovered your wonderful blog! This will keep me reading all night, I just know it! Wonderful dream catcher page - I am off to explore the rest of the wonderfulness here! Thank you! x