Monday, September 12, 2022

T Stands For who got the red napkin and who got the pink global stamp?

 

I'll begin with the ATCs I made for the exchange.  Each is basically the same, albeit slightly different.  I made a total of 10, one for each player.

Bleubeard insisted he wanted to be a part of this exchange.  Little did he realize what that would entail.
 
The first thing I had to do was scan an image of Bleubeard.  Then I had to find an image of a tuxedo on the internet.
 
Don't ever let anyone tell you size doesn't matter.  I spent a ton of time getting each size correct.  First I had to find a tux Bleubeard could wear, then I had to find a teacup he would fit into.  Next I had to cut off Bleubeard's feet so the tux would fit in the cup.  I spent lots of time getting each image the correct size.  The above images are some of my outtakes.

The three pieces finally came together.  Next, the assembly had to be sized.  Then it was time to stamp the number 9 using two different fonts and ink colors.  Finally, I added the sentiment, which went in a different place depending on where the assembly fit on the ATC.  Bleubeard is pleased, so I am pleased.  Note the teacup in which Bleubeard is sitting.  It's today's T Tuesday entry.

Now for the ATCs I received.

Top row, left to right: Chris, Lisca, Elle (EOTC)
Bottom row, left to right: Sharon, Jo, Deb

I also received an ATC from Mia.  However, when I received her package, I put it somewhere and now I can't find it.  It will turn up eventually.  She sent one for Jo and one for me.  To be honest, I'm not sure which one was for me, but I snagged both of these from her blog:


 
If you want to see what my napkins I received look like, be sure to visit Sharon, who basically got the same napkins I got.

I have to tell what happened at the Post Office when we sent the napkins last week.  
 
The postal clerk printed metered mail for the extra postage.  I freaked!  I freaked because I had made it clear NO METERED MAIL was allowed in this swap.  Not sure Sharon knew how adamant I was about it.  Thankfully Sharon had brought one of the old pink Global International Forever stamps, so we were saved.

Please note, all the stamps, other than one African Daisy (orange) global forever stamp most of you got, the rest of the stamps were from my stash of old stamps, none of which were forever stamps.  These are no longer available, which is why I have asked each International player to photograph the stamps they received.

Now for the question everyone is asking.  Who got the red cocktail napkin and who got the pink global forever stamp? 

In addition to those questions, it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  

 


 

 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning ATCs! I was so pleased to receive one of your masterpieces and it's even more special knowing that Bleubeard is the tuxedo star 😊. I love seeing how they all came together! All those T Day beautiful ATCs are amazing, so thoughtful of everyone and I was shocked to find so many included with my napkin happy mail - thanks so much to one and all! An extra big thank you to you and Sharon for organising everything too, you're both stars! I think (please check out my blog) that I may have got the pink global forever stamp - yippee! Thanks again and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Carola Bartz said...

Your ATC with Belubeard in it is fantastic - but poor Bleubeard that you had to cut off his feet!
You received some wonderful ATCs! Happy T day, Elizabeth.

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Elizabeth! Your ATC is even more special after seeing how you did it! Thank you so much for it and for including me in the napkin swapping preparations! Happy T Day, dear hostess!

Cloudia said...

I like your art. Forgot to look for the drink, LOL

Christine said...

Nice work!

Mae Travels said...

Your swap looks as if it was fun for everyone, and they are lucky to get the ATCs. Just when I thought commenting was working for me, I discovered that I can’t leave a comment for Sharon! Well, everyone is having trouble why should I be different?

Thanks for hosting this get together!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

Now that I have seen the napkins and ATCs, I am even more bummed I didn' get to participate. Your ATCs are super creative and fun, Elizabeth.

So interesting to see who got the red napkins - always something fun with you!

Happy T-day and hugz!

Kate Yetter said...

I am loving your ATC that you created with Bleubeard! How creative that you put Bleubeard in a tux, in a teacup...so Cute! Looks like a great swap. I don't know what metered mail is so I am off to Google it.
Have a great week. Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Iris Flavia said...

Sweet ATCs! Bleubeard sure looks very handsome!
And also the ones you received, so creative!
I think I didn´t understand the mail-problem. Our postman always takes the same old, boring stamps. I bought some "cool" ones and the prices have changed already. Very frustrating.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth. That was a huge amount of work with sorting and sending everything, you and Sharon did really well. I'm sure all participants are very happy with their bounty. Happy T Day, hugs,Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

WOW. And WOW again. There is a huge amount of work and organising there - and the results are stunning.

Nancy Chan said...

Your beautiful art is worth all the work involved in getting them in the right size. Have a wonderful day.

Mia said...

What a beautiful collection of ATCs. I am sure you will find the package with my ATCs for you and Jo, sooner or later. Until then, I send you a BIG HUG, my dear friend.

jinxxxygirl said...

WEll Elizabeth i appreciate your lovely ATC even more now , knowing what you went thru to make it and Bleubeard did himself proud. Thank you for all your effort with the napkin and ATC exchange.. I'm looking forward to seeing what we all get into with those napkins. Lovely stamps too... Happy T day! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

You went through a lot of work to produce your ATC. Bleubeard looks very handsome in a tux. The ATCs you received are wonderful. I love exchanges because each artist starts with the same theme, but produces such different results. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your Bleubeard ATCs! The ATCs you recived were great, too. What fun! Happy T Tuesday :0

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
I understand that it was difficult to match the sizes of the tuxedo and mug to Bleubeard's photo. But you did well!
Sorry that it always takes me so long for my blog rounds - one week is busier for me than the next...
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/09/juli-august-2022-teil-2-und-weiter-geht.html

Empire of the Cat said...

Love Bleubeard's ATCs and all the ATCs you received. My napkin package arrived today but too late to include in my post. I also got your email. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like Bleubeard's ATCs and the ones you received look very good too.

Wishing you a happy day.

All the best Jan

Cindy McMath said...

A wonderful assortment of ATCs - I absolutely LOVE how Bleubeard was featured in yours. Xo

Lisca said...

What beautiful ATCs! And it's wonderful that you were able to use so many beautiful stamps. I'm really looking forward to receiving mine.
I'm sorry I didn't have time to write a blog. We had only just arrived home after being away for so long and there were a thousand and one things to do. I just collapsed in bed at 9 pm and didn't write my blog. I thought I'd mention it just in case you got worried.
Now , who got the red napkin? We will soon find out. I will go to the post office later today to see if there is any mail.
Belated happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca