Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Pink Flamingo

 

Since the napkin swap is now over, I could barely wait to put this one, sent by Mia, to good use.

That means I'm joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Fur and/or Feathers theme.
 
That is not the Pink Flamingo I asked for.

The question is, which Pink Flamingo did I ask for?

There were a few pink splotches on the napkin, which prompted me to start the background by spritzing one of my handmade shimmering mists on 110 lb cardstock.  Once dry, I added the napkin and the stamped fussy cut cocktail.  Yes, Neet, I actually stamped!  While I spritzed the cardstock, I also spritzed a sheet of printer/copier paper, that when dry, I ran the computer generated words through my laser printer. 

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fur and/or Feathers.
 

 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Huge smiles. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece with 2 fun pink flamingos, lovely idea! Have a great day, hugs to you and the boys, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for the big smile, and oh, it´s very beautiful, too!

Mae Travels said...

Whenever someone posts about an exotic cocktail, it's news to me. I had to look up the Pink Flamingo and learned about several recipes. No surprise that the speaker didn't get the one they ordered! One recipe says vodka, triple sec, and cranberry juice. Vodka, pineapple juice, and grenadine syrup according to another one. Rum, lime juice, and pink grapefruit juice according to a third one. Wow! Not standardized at all.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Beautiful napkin!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun napkin! I've never had a pink flamingo cocktail, but I have 2 pink flamingos in the Zensical Garden.

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't have either one, but each one looks like a winner :)

Rostrose said...

I like your Pink-Flaminogo-Artwork, dear Elizabeth! :-DD
All the best from Austria,
Traude

jinxxxygirl said...

Beautiful napkin AND love what you did with it!! What are the best ways to glue down a napkin? I've done it before but gluing it down with 'wet' glue can be touchy.. I have yet to try the Saran wrap trick.. you? Hugs! deb

Jeanie said...

I love flamingos so you have to know how happy it makes me to see this. It's been a bad day but this is a good spirit lift.

aussie aNNie said...

A gorgeouspost , lovely added sentiment and a beautiful design, ♥

Linda said...

That’s really neat, and fun too!

Debra said...

This is wonderful!

My name is Erika. said...

That’s a great page and a great napkin. I hope mine have arrived when I get home tomorrow. I love what you did with the page too. The pink flamingo for Neet’s challenge. I hope it’s been a good day! Hugs Erika

Neet said...

Well done on such perfect stamping. Can I join you in a Pink Flamingo please?
Never having partaken of a cocktail with that name (not drunk many cocktails to be honest) I will take either one to join you with. My memory is failing me today but i do remember going to Vegas and visiting a hotel which had pink flamingos in the grounds - it must have been called The Flamingo I think. I loved it. Thanks for the memory and your super page. Love the idea of spritzing the cardstock first.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, that napkin is so gorgeous - love it! The flamingo looks so beautiful on your page and I'd love to try that cocktail anyway ...ha, ha 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x