Thursday, September 15, 2022

Quite the feather in her hat

 

I always love a play on words, and today I have tried that.  Of course, I'm sure you know this means I'm joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Fur and/or Feathers theme.

I must have taken about 40 photos of this and not a single one came out any good.  This was the best I could get.

"This is a real feather in her hat."

I stamped the lady twice and fussy cut her so I could place the real feather from my stash in between the two images.  Since the journal page has a face, I'll be sharing it tomorrow with Nicole's Friday Face Off.

This was the best I could do

because my camera kept focusing on that feather that stuck up quite high.

This piece began with a security envelope background I kept from the napkin swap.  The two fussy cut stamped ladies were wood mounted red rubber from Hero Arts.  The computer generated words were outlined with a dark blue felt tip pen.

Bleubeard and I are so very happy you stopped by today and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fur and/or Feathers.
 

16 thoughtful remarks:

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the play on words. The lady's hat looks quite elegant with that pretty purple feather.

My name is Erika. said...

The internet has been really terrible here in Yellowstone. This is my second attempt to comment so let’s see if it goes through. 😩this is a great page for Neet’s challenge. I love the huge feather. It made me smile. What a fun page. I have that old head stamp too. It’s a good one, isn’t it? Hope your week has been going well. Hugs Erika

Debra said...

What an elegant lady indeed!

Divers and Sundry said...

Clever. I'd wear that hat :)

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page you have made, a clever creation! Love the feather! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Very nice. I am sorry I have not been around but I am back now and will get with the program. Hope all is well with you.

Jeanie said...

What a delightful interpretation, Elizabeth!

Elephant's Child said...

I LOVE your play on words.

Iris Flavia said...

Cams can be a pain when they do what they want and not what we want them to do, I feel your pain.
The lady came out great anyways and on Monday a feather flew towards me, like in Forrest Gump. It sits at my work PC now. To feathers and dreams!

Christine said...

Lovely page perfect for the theme

Tom said...

...does she need to duck going through doorways?

Neet said...

I love a play on words and this is brilliant. She certainly has a feather in her hat/cap. Or maybe we could ask her "where did you get that hat?".
It's an adorable feather and i can just imagine she was the talk of the town with sukh an elegant piece of millinery.
Hugs, Neet xxx

DVArtist said...

I really love this feather lady. Thank you for joining Friday face OFF

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful page! Neets theme is so versatile and your page is so inspiring and fun - fabulous 😊. Take care! Hugs Jo x

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

It has been awhile since we crossed paths, Elizabeth ... not sure why. This is a fun post and I have to wonder how Bleubeard let you get away with putting a feather on your artwork. I know feathers are a favorite of my feline crew as are the curls of ribbon when wrapping a package. I literally have to fight them off ... then eventually close them in a different room until I finish. Nice to hear from you again and hope all is well ...

Andrea @ From The Sol