Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Where were you?

 

I'm sharing my final journal page with Chris at Pearshapedcrafting and her When We Were Young theme at Art Journal Journey.  I have another journal page I completed, but it was too dimensional to scan and I still haven't received my camera.

Where were you when the first person landed on the moon?



I wasn't sure how well this would scan with the staples I used to adhere the various bits together. The background is a paint chip cover, and the focal image came from a calendar.  The text was computer generated. The overall size of this is 8 inches by 8 inches.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you dropped by today.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on When We Were Young.  There's still a few hours to get in on this wonderful theme before we introduce a new host tomorrow.

Bleubeard and I would also like to thank Chris for hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.  Such fun and inspiring entries and great hosting skills, too.  Thanks, Chris.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice piece, Elizabeth. I was in London with a friend, watching the news, baby on my lap and then we saw those pictures on the TV. We couldn't believe it. That moment is really fixed in my mind for ever! Thanks for the memories. Tell the cat I got the mail! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

great piece Elizabeth-I was in college back then up in nothern wisconsin

Elephant's Child said...

I was at home watching on a television we had hired for the occasion.

Iris Flavia said...

I can only answer this in Ingo´s name.
His parents dragged him out of bed in the middle of the night to watch this live!
He was 4 years old and thought, "so what, a comic at night, let me sleep!"

I still need to finish Brian May´s 3-D book on this, thank you for the reminder!!!

Mae Travels said...

I love the image you chose for this art work. I hope the tentative plans to send another man or woman to the moon really are followed up, though it will sure be expensive!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great idea for a page. I like the astronaut image and that background looks a bit lunar too. And I remember where I was and what I did that day. I even stayed up late to watch Neil Armstrong take those first steps. The world sure has changed since I was young though, with them now talking about another moon visit and also onto Mars. Happy last day of August. Hope your camera arrives. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Great page, I was in the car my dad was driving when we heard it on the radio. I was 10

jinxxxygirl said...

Lovely page Elizabeth! Hmmmmm ... i was 2...lol Hugs! deb

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic art journal page for that historic event.

Sandra Cox said...

This turned out great, dear Elizabeth. Another fun stroll down memory lane.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Now this really is a fabulous memory and a wonderful page for my 'When We Were Young ' theme at AJJ. We didn't own a TV but lived close enough to my parents to go round and watch on their TV! Thanks for all of your lovely pages and encouraging comments this month, hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

Very nicely done. I was home in Sacramento, CA. breast feeding my baby boy when I saw it on TV.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

What a great choice. I was in my studio apartment, listening to the radio, because I didn't have a TV at the time, but I remember the excitement. And then, of course, I saw news re-runs of the event at friends' houses.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a great memory ... what a very special moment that was.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I was at home with my family, glued to the tv.