Saturday, August 20, 2022

My secret

 

 It's time to join Chris at Pearshapedcrafting with her When We Were Young theme.  You may know that she is our host this month at Art Journal Journey

Today I'm sharing my secret of never letting go of my childhood,

just like these children on the beach.

Hopefully they will never let go of that curious ability and willingness to play. 
 
Hopefully they are or will be influenced by caring adults like parents and teachers who encourage rather than degrade their inquisitive nature.

"My secret is to carry the spirit of my childhood into old age."

I started this page by spritzing some of my handmade shimmering mist on 110 lb. cardstock.  When dry, I added the focal image, which I found in an old calendar that had a texture that reminded me of linen.  I then added the shells to one corner using E6000.  Finally, I added the computer generated text.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you took time to join us today.  We hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on When We Were Young.


12 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...


What a wonderful idea. My inner child is often the happiest and healthiest part of me.

Iris Flavia said...

Before turning 40 I bought a sign, "If you haven´t grown up by 40 you don´t have to".
Having no kids it´s easy to follow!
I do have to take responsibility at work, just yesterday I had to tell someone off again - yet, sometimes I still think the word school instead of work!
Those kids looks so happy and cute - to always keeping our inner child!

Christine said...

Beautiful

Jenn Jilks said...

These are lovely images!

It's a wonderful philosophy.
BTW Thanks for your comment way back when. I have a funny story, too. A lot of time people don't hear or read my name properly. I've had many people call me Jill, as that stick in their heads. it is quite funny.
cheers, have a good one!

My name is Erika. said...

That's a beautiful photo you used today Elizabeth. And what a true quote. Those of us who play with art and craft supplies and love nature I think keep at least a bit of curiosity. I hope at least-smile. Have a great Saturday. We're warming back up here. I hope I don't need to turn the AC's back on. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the page. It's one of the things my dad had said to me.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, Elizabeth and the quote is so true. We should never give up playing and having fun! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page and the quote is so true - love it 😊. I he you've had a lovely week, happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

Sandra Cox said...

Hear. Hear. I love that thought.
Have a wondrous weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'll sign up for playing in the sand at the beach any time :)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

What a lovely secret you have! And the picture you chose captures the spirit of it perfectly.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork and great quote.