Wednesday, August 24, 2022

More Drive By Shootings

 

It's time for a few more drive by shootings.

This is what spring looked like in my city this year.



It's obvious my photos are heavily laden with electrical lines and poles.  John Denver must have visited Wichita to see how many electric lines there were and how much work the linemen (and women) get.

Going over a bridge in downtown Wichita,

I was struck by the artist renditions of airplane wings.

Thanks for taking time to see a few areas of my city through my camera lens.


12 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

So, you are such a sneaker, too?
I used to take pics whilst driving (when the road was clear) - we are multitasking, right?

Oh. Spring. I prefer summer and here I think I never saw electrical lines above ground? Or seldom. Most are underground.

The bridge-details are cool!

Elephant's Child said...

The only sort of drive by shootings to welcome - and you are MUCH better at them than I am.

jinxxxygirl said...

Thats exactly what i thought of when i saw those.. i thought you were at the airport! Hugs! deb

kathyinozarks said...

Enjoyed your drive by photos Elizabeth, neat sculpture too thanks for sharing

Christine said...

Very nice I misread the term drive by shootings these days they mean another thing.

CJ Kennedy said...

The flowering trees are very pretty and the bridge is very cool. I hope the weather cools off for you

Mae Travels said...

It would be fun if you took the same view now, contrasting spring with late summer!

Taking photos from a moving tour bus is even more frustrating, but that's how I often saw the street art on my recent trip. At least you could theoretically go back to the site for better pics!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Really lovely photos. Have a great day today.

Divers and Sundry said...

The post title had me worried about your safety :( Glad it's photos instead.

My name is Erika. said...

So many pretty spring trees. And that art is like airplane wings. Very cool. I read a book once about early air flight for women and Wichita was a big place for it. Very appropriate art for your city. hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

Excellent drive by shootings:) I had to think about that one for a minute. Grin.

craftytrog said...

Great pics Elizabeth, nice to see some more of your neighbourhood.