Sunday, July 31, 2022

Monday Murals: Guitar?

 

 It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

I'm not sure where my head was last week because I thought today was the 1st.  Since it's the last day of the month, I can join Sami and share another mural I recently found.

I wish I knew the difference between a guitar and a bass, but I think this is a guitar.  

I had to back all the way across the street to get the majority of this in one shot.

I tried to get it from several angles.

There was an apartment house directly behind this building and, since it was Sunday, tenants were taking advantage of the "free" parking along this side of the building.  This is the best and truest color.  My other photos are rather dark. 

I was really taken with the roses.

This mural is on the side of a building at Phil Uhlik Music, located at 2160 E. Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was painted by Mike Fallier.

I found this on the internet.  It may be a better image of the entire mural.  Not sure the colors are quite right, but they are a bit closer than mine.

Here is another image I found on the internet.  This one shows it is an Avenue Art Days mural.  The colors in this photo are exactly as I remember them.  This definitely shows the colors well.  Did you notice how the windows in the building are incorporated into the instrument?  I didn't until I studied this image.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by this weekend. Bleubeard and I are delighted you could join us.


14 thoughtful remarks:

CJ Kennedy said...

that is very cool!

Elephant's Child said...

What a fun mural. Thank you.

My name is Erika. said...

This wall is great. That is a really nice guitar!!!

kathyinozarks said...

awesome mural

Tom said...

...this is great, there's no missing this music store!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous mural- and a clever advertisement for the music shop. Hugs, Chrisx

Christine said...

Very nice.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful mural, I hear music!
Funny how Sami makes us all stop and hunt murals and share the joy! :-)

s.c said...

Nice one.

Jackie McGuinness said...

This is great. I am glad you pointed out how the windows were incorporated. I always like those southwest colours of adobe and turquoise.

Neet said...

Oh wow, what a fab mural that is. I love it when I go somewhere and see something like this. Thanks for sharing.
HUGS, NeeT XXX

Sami said...

Great mural Elizabeth
Thanks for participating in Monday murals.

Linda said...

I like it! Clever working the windows in.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great design!