Saturday, July 30, 2022

ICAD 54 to 60

 

I've been without internet for over 16 hours. The reason this post is so late is because as I was creating it, I was knocked off the internet three times.  It took well over an hour to get these cards loaded. I am now heading to bed and will visit my dear blogger friends after a few hours sleep.

As a result, here are this week's ICADs.  ICAD stands for Index Card A Day.

Day 54: No matter which way you turn this card, it is still all heart!

Day 55: No getting around it.  This is my least favorite altered index card.

Day 56: Birthday gifts, including food, wine, chocolates, a book, and a fussy cut egg.

Day 57: Leftover papers from my stash over a misted index card.

Day 58: Various papers from my stash I am trying to use as this challenge winds down.

Day 59: More fodder from my stash, along with a fussy cut image from a security envelope.

Day 60: Two stickers layered over foreign text, and part of a bingo card.

Thanks so very much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are extremely grateful for your visit.   Hopefully, if my internet will behave, he and I will be back tomorrow morning with our final index card and a wrap up of this year's cards.


15 thoughtful remarks:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Hola from Galicia (still), we have had our Internet woes, too. We finally changed providers because the one we had was too slow, but of course that left us off line for a couple of days, and it's amazing how bereft that can feel! So far, my favorite card above is the one of the two bottles, rouge et rose; I love all things French and it has such a nice flair to it.

Elephant's Child said...

Love those muted colours. I am sorry you are having internet woes and hope they can be sorted quickly. Sleep well.

CJ Kennedy said...

My favorite is the first one with the upside down bear and the cute Penn. Dutch flowers. I hope your Internet behaves for you today

Mae Travels said...

Your internet woes are depressing. Outages seem to be happening to you all the time. At least my reason for being out of internet contact starting tonight or tomorrow are because I’ll be traveling to a remote place. (Assuming that nothing derails my trip, as I always say, being fearful that there are too many risks!) Anyway, I may be unable to link posts even if I manage to post a short message.

Have a great and un-internet-challenged week!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

It's so crazy, internet issues these days.
Nicely done to keep up with the challenge.
(ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

Annie said...

Your ICADs are always Fran to look at. They are always inventive and unique. I am always fascinated by artists that can produce a piece of art every single day. Like my postcards, I’d be lucky to manage one a week! Internet has become a way of life. We find it difficult to manage our life without it. Especially for the fun stuff!

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
your current experience fits very well with what you wrote me about your thoughts on a blackout: "The thing that bothers me the most is my internet. I miss it terribly and have no way to contact anyone in the event I am offline , especially since I have no cell phone." Accordingly, I can imagine how uncomfortable the 16 hours must have been for you. Luckily you finally managed to load your cards - and I see you were VERY productive and creative: compliments!
All the best and happy weekend!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/07/mallorca-reisebericht-teil-3-tag-7-bis.html

jinxxxygirl said...

I enjoyed your cards very much Elizabeth! I hope i can remember next year. I think i'd like to join in! I'am sorry for your internet trouble.. Are you losing internet or internet AND electricity.. I might die right now if we lost electricity.. I almost died yesterday when we got our electric bill .. it doubled in one month.. They say its the cost they are having to pay for the electricity thats causing it to go up not how much we are using.. Sigh.. what do you do but find a way to pay it. Hugs! deb

Helen said...

sorry you've been without internet again! great icads though.

Divers and Sundry said...

Day 57 is my favorite. I wish they'd get y'all's service straightened out.

Christine said...

Lovely ICADs, boo on the internet, horrible.

Jeanie said...

It's hard to pick a favorite but I really do like 58 most, I think. Maybe it's the colors or composition but it works for me!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, just popped over to say I fully agree with you that dogs should not be entertainers. I train mine to sit, walk by my side, stay when I tell them to, be sociable with other dogs and people and return when I shout them those kind of things but I don't even encourage sitting up to beg. The new puppy is a Miniature Schnauzer as are both her parents. Maisie and Stan have slightly better lineage on their side but above all Maisie was Schnauzer Royalty as her father was an International Swedish Champion who visited the UK to see his girl friends if you know what I mean. Maisie knew this I'm sure and always believed she was a Princes. She is much missed. Sorry to hear about your internet and hope it behaves it's self now. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Caty said...

Woww your Icads are absolutely Gorgeous Elizabeth! They have all something special, Great !
I hope your internet will work better now. Here too, last week our internet didn´t work, or, perhaps it was my mobile, not sure. Sometimes it´s very very slow, but what can we do?
I wish you a very nice Sunday, and send big hugs
Caty

Cindy McMath said...

These are all really fun. I love all the recycled bits and pieces. For some reason “Call a mason to build a brick wall” made me smile!