Sunday, June 5, 2022

Monday Murals: Spaced Out

 

It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

 This mural is called Spaced Out and features a female astronaut.  I was shooting directly into the sun, which made for a less than ideal situation.  I have taken a few detail shots to share.









https://cassandrabryan.com/wp-content/uploads/fly-images/6119/cassandra-bryan-design-building-mural-by-brady-scott-creative-intro-600x645-c.jpg From the internet, I found photos of the artist Brady Scott creating the mural.

 

 


 And finally, a far better photo of the mural than I photographed.  This mural is found on the east side of the Cassandra Bryan Design building at Douglas and Seneca or 1113 West Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was completed in April, 2021 by Brady Scott of Brady Scott Creative.  I have shown other murals in the past that he has created, like this one.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.  
 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

This is a heap of fun. Thank you for both photographing it and for researching it too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic mural, and beautifully designed and painted! Hugs, Valerie

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I love murals, and this one is terrific! They do so much for a city, don't they! In Sacramento, there is an art program called Wide Open Walls (WOW), and there are beautiful murals all over town. One of these days when we get back (we are still in Portugal), I want to just walk around and photograph them.

CJ Kennedy said...

That is one awesome mural and I liked seeing the artist working on it

kathyinozarks said...

another great mural find-love it

Mae Travels said...

Really great mural. Ann Arbor doesn’t seem to have anywhere near the number of them that Wichita does — maybe I’m just not working hard enough. But I did find a whole new painting on a walkway that was created over the winter.

Best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

jinxxxygirl said...

Great mural Elizabeth! I love to see the art. Hugs! deb

Tom said...

...I love this one, it has similarities to murals that I've sen. Neat find.

Rita said...

I liked seeing it in progress. I don't know how they can draw and paint to large and keep things in perspective like they do. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Great find.
What a brilliant mural this is.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

What a great find, a lovely mural.

All the best Jan
(the low carb diabetic)

Sami said...

Great mural Elizabeth, empowering for women but feminine too with all the flowers. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

dee Nambiar said...

#girlpower!
Spaced Out is a great find. :)
And what fun it must have been to see the artist at work.

Iris Flavia said...

A very "cool" one! I love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Amazing mural - and so cool to see a process photo too!
Alison x

Leigh said...

An interesting process makes an interesting set of photos! More buildings need this.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Lovely! And I love seeing it being created.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cool mural. I like the colors and the depth. It must be fun to work on one, but I don't know if I could plan something so large. But they are certainly fun to look at.

Jeanie said...

Very impressive and well done. Love the colors and the theme.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous.

RedPat said...

It is fun to see the shots of it being worked on.

Alice said...

This is a good one, and the artist thought up a good name

magiceye said...

A beautiful mural!

Bertiebo said...

What a beautiful and original mural you show us. I really like it, with a female astronaut