Sunday, June 19, 2022

Monday Murals: The Second Story

 

It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today. 

This mural is found on the side of a second hand woman's thrift shop.

Also found on the side of the building.

Although the sign is a bit hard to see, it reads "The Second Story, Thrift, Resale, Boutique."

This mural is found at 2425 East Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

I also want to bring back another mural in honor of our newest Federal holiday in the states.  Today is Juneteenth, short for June 19th, the holiday commemorating the end of slavery in the states. It is known as Freedom Day.
 

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Those of you who live in the states, enjoy your holiday, Freedom Day, too.

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

She´s such a classic beauty!
And yay for freedom. If only we really had it...

Elephant's Child said...

Love them both. And hooray for Juneteenth.

Mae Travels said...

Thrift shops are intriguing -- but when I actually go into one, I don't enjoy it at all. I expect to see lots of costume-type clothes and hats like the lady in your great and delightful mural. But usually there's nothing but old stuff that's not as nice as what is crowding up my closets! (Though I did send everything in one closet to the Salvation Army recently, because I really didn't need to see it any more.) I never see anything I want -- I just go home and order a new pair of jeans maybe.

Anyway, nice mural!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the mural. Poor Trayvon. And it continues.

(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

My name is Erika. said...

Happy Juneteenth. That was a great mural to bring back. And I love the newest one also. She is a beauty. Happy Sunday. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Nice

Divers and Sundry said...

That hat! That mural would definitely have me going into the shop :)

Happy Juneteenth!

jinxxxygirl said...

What a lovely mural.. and very appropriate on a women's resale shop!! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

What a great name for a thrift shop. That mural is perfect

Tom said...

...thanks for the translation on the first one! If we have a Juneteenth mural in town, I'm not aware of it. Sadly too many people don't want people to be aware of Juneteenth, it makes them feel uncomfortable. Poor babies!

Cloudia said...

Well done 👍🏽

Bertiebo said...

I think the first one is the most fun and so well suited to that store. I love thrift stores

Sami said...

A very elegant lady in that mural.
Glad you brought back the Juneteeth mural.
I love thrift shops, they are quite popular in Australia. I enjoy looking for pirex dishes as I collect them.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

s.c said...

Thats a nice mural and just on the right place. I like it.

Jackie McGuinness said...

It is a lovely mural that would draw me into the shop.

Alice said...

Pretty lady on the Second story

dee Nambiar said...

Sweet find at the thrift store. That's a pretty piece of art.

And the second one is a powerful BLM mural. May there be freedom from having to live in fear, too. Juneteenth should have become a holiday, long ago. Better late than never tho' 🙂

Have a lovely week, Elizabeth. :)

Linda said...

Beautiful mural! And thank goodness for freedom.

Jeanie said...

That's a perfect mural for a second hand store!