Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Carp Diem

 

I realize I've been behind creating art for Art Journal Journey.  I'm making up for that today because I am joining Mia from Craftartista, our host whose theme this month is Fish.

It's obvious I named this latest journal entry

Carp Diem.
 
After all, the red rubber wood mounted stamp is named "Carp."

To give the background a bit of design distinction, I used one of my handmade shimmering mists through a doily that I used as a stencil.

For this journal page, I started by adding the misted background.  I then used alpha stencils to create the words, which I then fussy cut.  Finally, I heat embossed the carp using bronze embossing powder.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you dropped by today and joined us.  We hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Fish.  

23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Clever, I love it!

Helen said...

the doily pattern is so pretty and makes a great background for the carp.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and lovely colours as always, this is stunning xx

Elephant's Child said...

This is simply gorgeous.

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice page , Elizabeth. The doily background is a lovely touch. Have a great day, hugs, valerie

Mae Travels said...

There was once a carp fishing contest in the Detroit River. Of course no one could eat the fish, but they had a recipe contest anyway. the winner was “3-Carp Salad.”

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Ha ha-fun title. And I love how your homemade shimmering mist looks through the doily. So the question is is Mr. Fish being served for dinner or swimming in the lake? SMILE! I think it's a great page for Mia's challenge. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

jinxxxygirl said...

LOVE that fish Elizabeth!!!! AND the fact that you embossed it. Looks wonderful but i'll bet it looks even nicer in person where you can appreciate the raised feel of it.. Hugs! deb

Jenn Jilks said...

You are clever!
(ツ) from Cottage Country , ON, Canada!

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever play on words and the doily background is so pretty.

Debra said...

I love this! I think the doily is genius!

DVArtist said...

Another very cleaver piece of art. Have a lovely day.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Very clever. And a piece of fish, grilled on the barbecue seems about perfect for dinner tonight.

Christine said...

Lovely art!

Divers and Sundry said...

lol clever!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu and squiggles, pleez ta tell elizabeth…now yur talkin way kewl pagez 😺❤️

Sandra Cox said...

This is great!
Stay cool.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh wow! This is wonderful Elizabeth- those shimmery mists look great! A fabulous page for Mia's theme, hugs, Chrisx Did you see the e-mail I sent?

Meggymay said...

A great stencil to use in the background for your fish, it look like its swimming in a circle and the page is super inspiration for Mia's theme.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

I agree with Yvonne above, it does look as if it is swimming in a circle with the use of that doily. Love the effect you got with your sprays - something I don't find easy at all - mine always runs underneath.
Love the fish and Care |Dien is perfect.
Hugs, Neet xxx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Your background is so beautiful-I love this one

Jeanie said...

This is an especially beautiful piece, Elizabeth. I love the texture of the doily which reminds me of those pools of water that branch out after a fish has jumped. And I love the design of the fish itself and the roughness with the daintiness of the background. A beautiful juxtaposition!

craftytrog said...

So beautiful!