Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Dreamy River

 

If I haven't been by to visit, it's because I've been spending time with a new tax guy who I am not fond of.  It should NOT have taken two days to produce what my old firm did in about four hours.  My old firm warned everyone that they would only be available through the first week in February.  Needless to say, I procrastinated and my blog and blog friends have suffered as a result.

It's time to join Alison, aka Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey. Today I have a song for her Play it again, Sam theme.

Today we are drifting on the river.  The dreamy river.

The sheet music sets the tone for the waltz, although I have never heard this before.

The paddle boat and the wavy washi tape are the much needed embellishments.

Here is a photo of the paddle boat that cruises the Mississippi River.

I got a little carried away with the handmade shimmering mists.

I started this page with the vintage sheet music I glued over a used file folder.  I spritzed my shimmering mists onto the page, and the nozzle of the pink got a bit out of hand.  I then cut and added the two images of the paddle boat using wavy washi tape.

For Day 13 of 22, I recycled sheet music taken from my neighbor's dumpster, and two images from a freebie travel magazine.  The mists were already mixed, and the washi tape is new.  
 
Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today.  Thanks for your support of my recycling projects.  I hope you will also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own Play it again, Sam journal art.  

 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

Sorry you've been having to spend so long sorting your taxes. I love the recycled music sheet!

Elephant's Child said...

Big, big sigh at having to spend time with a less than efficient tax agent.
Love your music sheets.

Mae Travels said...

We had a new accountant This year too… luckily it worked fine. Good luck with the filing and all that.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Love the boat, Mississippi was instantly on my mind :-)
Taxes, gahhhhh. Not till the last sec ;-)...

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth I really love this page for the theme. great find of the vintage sheet music too Happy mid week

My name is Erika. said...

I would like to be drifting along a dreamy river right now. Taxes are a big pain aren't they? Ours are half done, sitting on the table. I can't finish them until my husband is around long enough to answer a few questions; he's had a crazy busy work week and hasn't gotten home until after 8 2 nights in a row. I figured that wasn't a good time to bug him.
I am loving this lazy river page. You found some nice old music and the paddle boat works perfect with this song. I'd love to hear what this actually sounds like. Be glad your taxes are done, and enjoy the day. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I hate tax time. I'm lucky I have a good person to do my stuff. Rick does his own and is tearing his hair out about now!

Debra said...

I really like this art piece. The red drips and washi are perfect together. Very artful!

CJ Kennedy said...

The weather is so nice today and would be a perfect day for a cruise. Sixteen years ago, I went on a brunch cruise on the Mississippi in MN. So much fun. Thanks for the memories.

Christine said...

Beautiful pages Elizabeth!

DVArtist said...

Tax time what a messy time of year. Love the art though. Have a good day.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely and creative pages ~

~ Hope the tax man is done and doesn't charge you by the hour ~


Wishing you love and laughter in all your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is a really cute piece Elizabeth; and hoping your tax dood was thorough enough after all that... to have not made any errors ~~~~~ YEOW

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful page for my AJJ theme Elizabeth. I love the washi tape waves.

Sandra Cox said...

Ack on tax time. Hope Uncle Sam is kind to you.
Love the piece.
Hugs,

WendyK said...

Great idea for your lovely page Elizabeth. Good luck with the taxes.

Neet said...

Sorry about the tax man!
Love your page which reminds me of all the times I longed to go for a Paddle Boat ride. Never did and now I know I never will so I love seeing a picture of one and your page takes me for that longed for ride.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely page and I do like that boat :)

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

As soon as I saw this I thought of steamboats - perfect 😁. Loving how you added the washi tape and image. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

You have a much better reason for being behind on blogs than I do. I have no excuse at all. I wonder what took the tax guy so long. Maybe you'll find a better one for next year.