Sunday, March 20, 2022

Monday Murals: College Hill Barber and Beauty

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

I was unable to visit everyone last week because my electricity was out for nearly 16 hours on Tuesday.  I tried to play catch up, but got even further behind, I fear.

It's been awhile since I have shown one of Wichita's city flags.

Imagine my joy and surprise when I stumbled on this one.

I'm sure many of you remember the center is called the hogan.  The hogan in the middle of the flag is an American Indian/Native American symbol that represents a permanent home.  Of course, companies use the hogan as a means to show their uniqueness, too.  This is the case of the College Hill Barber and Beauty Salon.

This flag is located in the window of College Hill Barber and Beauty at 3111 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.  
 


18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I always enjoy your murals. Thank you.

Iris Flavia said...

A permanent how sure is a strong sign these days.

Mae Travels said...

Murals painted on shop windows have appeared in our town too. Several artists hire themselves out to decorate for the owners. I really like this trend. The flag made special is a neat idea, especially the barber pole in the center.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I think it is interesting how you have a city flag. I've never seen that before. But it's a great idea and makes great murals too. Would the middle still be called a hogan with the company/ beauty school putting in their own image? Just curious. Happy first day of spring. (and hope the back/bottom is feeling better too.) Hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

I do like murals!

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fun way for the business to be part of the city.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for the info on the hogan. I had no idea.
Wishing you a serene Sunday, dear Elizabeth.
Hugs,

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that they incorporate their business like that. Cool!

Tom said...

...this is an interesting combination. The business has a coat of arms, neat! Thanks for sharing, take care and enjoy your week.

Rita said...

Attention in a bright, bold way. :)

Amila said...

It is a beautiful mural. Glad that business owners admire murals and use them for their businesses.
Have a great day!

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

A clever and attractive business logo

Sami said...

A nice mural for the business. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth. Hope your electricity problems are over :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful mural. Trying to catch up! Hugs, Valerie

Jackie McGuinness said...

How very cool! There are more and more barbershops showing up here, very trendy and hip.

craftytrog said...

A beautifully decorated barber shop!

magiceye said...

Beautifully done!

Jeanie said...

I never thought about barbers having a coat of arms!