Monday, March 21, 2022

Rain or Sun?

 

I created this spread for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, which is Spring.

It's obvious I named this Rain or Sun.  These are sure signs spring has arrived.

For this "quick" page that turned out to not be, that I created in my Coll-AH-ge Two altered book, I started by adhering a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock I painted with grey Staz-on reinkers mixed with 91% isopropyl alcohol.  When dry, I fussy cut the two stained glass windows I found in a magazine to the cardstock.  I then went to my free paint chip samples and found two that matched the images.  I added the words using stickers and computer generated text at the bottom. 
 
Thank you beyond belief for stopping by.  I am truly grateful to you for taking time to visit.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Spring.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful windows! Here it´s sunny, cold but soooo nice.
Yet, I´m so waiting for a proper rain to get the rain tools out!

Elephant's Child said...

How very, very beautiful.

Neet said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, which sure gets the message across that Spring has arrived. I love how your humour has shone through and Spring in your world can be either wet or sunny.
At the moment we are having sunshine, rare in the north of the UK, but making the most of it, I am out and about at the moment.
Do hope your day is sunny and you have a great week.
Hugs to you and your furry family
Neet xxx

kathyinozarks said...

your page is amazing Elizabeth-I love it!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

These would make fabulous bookmarks. I think there is, on average, about a half dozen book marks, nestled in most of the reference books on my shelf, so whenever I am offered a bookmark anywhere I am very happy. Sometimes they are quite beautiful and a fellow blogger even made a couple of gorgeous ones and sent them to me. They are especially treasured. There is also something fundamentally reassuring that even in this technological era we still value and use bookmarks! I should also add that a few bookmarks are left over currency from overseas trips, so the other day I had a wave of nostalgia for Bhutan just by opening a book! Now that's hard to beat!

Mia said...

Rain and sun are the characteristics of spring. Great page, Elizabeth. Kisses!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Loe the stained glass photos, and how goodx tat you had matching paint chips! Thanks for another lovely page for my challenge at AJJ. Today we have sunshine here, yesterday was rain! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

These are great image you used today Elizabeth. I really like them. And rain or shine is so true when it comes to spring. Maybe still a bit of snow here in NH too, ha ha, but it is definitely spring when the snow stops and it is rain. This is a great page once again for Valerie's challenge. Hope your week starts off better than last, and I will "see" you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A wonderful composition Elizabeth. Those windows are beautiful, and I like how you did the lettering on the paint samples.
Happy new week.
Alison

Mae Travels said...

Neat windows! I wonder who designed them and where they are located.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom dia. Primeira vez que venho ao seu Blogger. Parabéns pelo seu trabalho maravilhoso. Gostaria de lhe convidar a conhecer o meu Blogger. Caso goste, lhe convido a ser um novo seguidor.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. The stained glass windows are beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm loving the stained glass look and agree with David that they'd be perfect as book marks.

Debra said...

Oh this is pretty! I would love those windows to look out at the world..Thank you for your very nice comments on my blog, and of course you may add my blog to your list!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These are beautiful. I love stained glass, and I would love to have windows like these pictures. You got a lovely effect. I agree with the suggestion of bookmarks.

Cloudia said...

Delightful! Also like your mural. But lurking for Tuesday T!

Jeanie said...

I love these graphics! They tell us everything about spring!

DVArtist said...

Really very beautiful. Have a nice day.

Birgit said...

These 2 takes are beautiful and so very much spring. I love the look

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely page.
We've enjoyed some sunny days recently.

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

I love how you showed these two contrasting images, we sure get our share of sunshine and showers here in the UK at this time of year. Fabulous inspiration pages.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this - we've had our fair share of both already this year! Your page has such lovely images , Hugs, Chrisx