Saturday, February 19, 2022

Abstract? Art?

Please note: I have been offline since midday yesterday due to an area wide outage at AT&T.  I used my neighbor's phone to call and learned it was not my problem.  They promised to have me back online by 5:00 a.m., and I am.  At least it wasn't five days this time.  Now to visit all who wondered why I suddenly disappeared yesterday.

By now you probably know Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  Our theme is What's Your Style?   Today my style is loosely defined as abstract art.

I'm having all kinds of trouble trying to photograph this latest journal entry.  This was the best I could get and it is shameful.  It is either that I am so cold in my dining room and/or kitchen, or there is something wrong with this camera.

Even the close-up

detail shots were fraught with problems

because of the shadow, some more prominent than others, that was on every photo I took.

That's when I took matters into my own hands and scanned the page. Even though my scanner is on its last leg, I believe this is a better visual than the horrible photo I shared.  Now for a few detail shots.



I named this Hugs, Kisses, and Arrows.  I began by creating a grid of red and purple 90 lb cardstock, and three different designs of security envelopes all glued to 110 lb cardstock.  I used a blue felt pen, a red gel pen, as well as gold and red fluid acrylics.  The red and gold circles were stamped in place using a lid and an eraser.  The blue felt circles were all freehand.

Bleubeard and I are truly thrilled you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of What's your style?  Obviously, my style today can loosely be referred to as abstract art.


15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Sad with the cam, I had trouble, too.

Cool, reminds me a bit of tic-tac-toe or how I once marked what we have in stack, grocery-wise, and what not, Ingo loved it :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page, lots of patterns and colours to make it interesting. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Mia said...

Who cares if the photos are not the best, Elizabeth? Your BIG page is GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing. Hugs, my friend.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's fun and wonderful to see your art!

My name is Erika. said...

The blurry photo only makes it more abstract. Like you wanted it that way. Nice paper layering and shapes. Happy Saturday, and hope your power stays on today. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry to hear you were offline again!! Your abstract is fascinating - I love the colours and especially the mark making! Definitely your style!! Hugs, Chrisxx

craftytrog said...

I love this style of page Elizabeth, definitely your style!
We had no power yesterday either, due to Storm Eunice. It came back this morning thankfully, it was a long and very cold day and night! Glad your power is back on too.
Alison

Mae Travels said...

The weather is blamed for many utilities’ disruptions but I suspect that they are not investing in the robust equipment that’s needed to keep their customer service going. It’s good that you were back online pretty quickly.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Debra said...

I love it and love your colors together. I wondered if you were going to lose power-glad you are ok and back on line.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Well done.

Neet said...

`hugs, Kisses and Arrows all point to Romance for me - cupid with hs arrow! So i call this Romantic Abstract or should it be the other way around?
Sorry to hear about your power loss, there seems to be a lot going on this weekend. We have had snow!
Hugs, Neet xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you got power back as quickly as you did.

Nice piece! I like the colors and how you arranged the elements.

Jeanie said...

Glad the power wasn't out too long and not a problem on your end. Love the colors here.

Lowcarb team member said...

As you know, we've had storms in the UK and many have suffered loss of power. I'm pleased your power is now ok.

Lovely abstract art.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

It seems your power goes out a lot over there. Glad it's back on. I love this art today.