Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The little girl and her dolls

 

Today I'm joining Erika, aka BioArtGal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Let's Face It.  This will be my penultimate entry.  I had something planned for later this week, but after photographing it, I was too ashamed to share it.  It was not worthy of ever showing on my blog until it is reworked, and I unfortunately do not have time to rework it.

I love the angelic face on this little girl.

She is holding on tight to her doll and teddy.  The more I look at this sweet image, the more I believe she is getting ready for bed.

Here are a few detail shots.




For this page I started by using several colors of staz-on reinkers with 91% isopropyl alcohol that went well with the fancy fibers I chose for this page.  Next, I sewed the little girl I found in my stash to a page of German text I splattered with dark blue paint onto the background using blue variegated thread.  Finally, I glued the fancy fibers to the background using a clear tacky type glue.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Let's Face It.  You still have several days to join us.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

What a beauty! Yes, an Engel (most of the time? ;-)....)
And the bear, oww, like our Miele-Baer.

Elephant's Child said...

I think you are right - but do hope that she can change into something more comfortable to sleep in.
I suspect you are being too hard on yourself about the piece you will not show, but accept your decision.

Helen said...

she's very pretty and is a lovely focal point for your page.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful picture of the little girl, I wonder if she always behaved like a little angel? Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

I love everything about this little girl.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the way you stitched and framed the little girl. She looks like she's in a shadow box.

Divers and Sundry said...

She'll have good company wherever she's headed. How sweet! I like how she's situated against that background you created, and that lovely bottom border!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

for whatever reason; "paper dolls" came to my mind; I think it was McCall's that used to feature them in the issue....pretty piece today Elizabeth !! :) ♥♥

Jeanie said...

The colors are perfect for that sweet little girl.

Caty said...

Wow Loove this art journal page Elizabeth !This girl is so pretty with her dolls, I like very much the layers you have created, and the amazing background. I ´ve never used reinkers with alcohol, and I love the effect on the page. The thread is lovely. That´s great great !
I wish you a very nice Thursday, and send big hugs
Caty

Birgit said...

The little gal is so pretty but, to me, she looks a little unhappy having to go to bed:)) At least she has her dolly and her Steiff bear to keep her company. Love the splatters of blue.

Matilde said...

Oh, this photo is so sweet! Beautiful, a little bit nostalgic page. I love it!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great piece Elizabeth. I love the pale background splotches and the dark blue one on the insert. Who'd have thought they worked so well together? The whole page works together so well, and the stitching adds some super texture too. What a sweet face she has. Thanks for sharing at AJJ. I appreciate it. Now I'm curious what your final piece will be. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Fritchman said...

I LOVE the beautiful photo of the little girl! And your page is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!! HUGS!

Neet said...

As you say, the fibers go perfectly with the background which you made. I do like these backgrounds of yours.
Such a pretty child and yes, I can see your thoughts on her going to bed but surely that nightgown is far too pretty to sleep in. Maybe she is a princess? A beautiful image - a beautiful page.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Debra said...

This is so pretty....

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Isn't she as pretty as a picture, beautiful found page you saved there Elizabeth. The innocence of a child and the love for her sweet Teddies, I can imagine her gathering them all up and taking them to bed with her too..
So sorry I have not been around this past month but I have really missed you all. Hugs Tracey xx

Tom said...

...lovely glow on a winter night, take care and stay warm and well.

*Vicki* said...

This image is absolutely precious! I love the blue splattering over the book pages! This turned out fantastic!

Meggymay said...

An adorable page and picture you showcased here. I think she must be going to bed with her favourite bear clutched so tightly.
Yvonne xx

sirkkis said...

A really sweet girl and your backgrounds are fantastic matching very well her. Your stitching work is perfect. Thank you sharing this sweetie, Elizabeth. And thank you for your supporting comments on my site. I much appreciate ♥️
I wish you happy and healthy upcoming new month 👍😘

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely girl and the extra things you added make this so interesting, Elizabeth. Love the blue. Hugz