Monday, January 24, 2022

T Stands For Mexican Food

 

Not long after both Sally and I received our booster shots, we went to her favorite Mexican restaurant.

You can see I have the one Mexican meal I prefer, which is chilies relleno.  It's a good thing I got this shot, because my water with lemon seems obviously absent in the photo.

I never got a good photo of Sally's ham flautas, but I managed to get a good shot of something red that had already dripped onto her clean blouse.

Now it's time to share your favorite drink with us this week, and we'll be by to visit.  Remember the rules are simple.  A drink, any drink can be represented by art (digital, hybrid, or traditional), a cup, mug, teapot, etc.  Maybe you'll share a scrapbook page, or a favorite movie or book that focuses on a drink.  And drinks don't have to be water, coffee, or tea.  You can always go off the grid and drink something we may not have heard of.  All you have to do is link below, so we can visit you, too.  And Bleubeard wants to remind you these photos or scans can be taken at any time, not just on Tuesday or not even this month, if you prefer. 

 

 

27 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

Good that you have both had your booster jab. Your meal looks really nice. I was wondering what the blue covered dish on the table was.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

I am glad you were able to go our to eat. It is fun to get out of the house for some fun. Saturday, we just took a ride in the car and went out in the country! Cabin fever! LOL. Your dinner looks good. Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Always fun to go out to eat-we used to do that more often before retirement now not so much Happy T and new week

Kate Yetter said...

I love Mexican food. I have never had chilies relleno but it looks delicious and something I will look for on the menu the next time we eat Mexican.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

That food looks delicious -- I love chili rellenos. I wish we could go out to eat but we are worried about the current situation with the many cases of the virus.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad you enjoyed a (hopefully) very good meal out with Sally. Not familiar with your choice but knowing you I would enjoy it too:) Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

This meal looks yummy. I haven't had Mexican food for quite a awhile, and looking at your lunch I could now go for some. And congrats on getting your booster. I hope you have a super T day my friend. Hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

Good that your got your booster! Your food looks yummy. I like Mexican food and we have some very good Mexican restaurants here. We haven't been to a restaurant for a long time and I don't think I will go anytime soon. Every now and then we get some take-out because we want to support our local restaurants, but in the end I'm mostly cooking myself.

Elephant's Child said...

Nice to learn that I am not alone in frequently wearing my food.
And hooray for boosters.

magiceye said...

Bon appetit!

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhhh, Mexican food!!!! Yummy, and it must be good, the drop says it all!
I hope one day we have a good Mexican restaurant here again, too....

Cloudia said...

Buenas Rellenios!

aussie aNNie said...

Delish post..xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

I left a comment last night and it has disappeared again. Glad you had a visit to the Mexican restaurant and enjoyed your food and drink. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice to go out to lunch with a good friend. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

You know how I love Mexican food and your meal looks so delicious - yum! I'm just like Sally and would be wearing some of my meal too ...ha,ha 😀. Sorry I've been absent for a while, I'm glad to be catching up with you and the T Gang again! Hugs Jo x

Jeanie said...

That looks good. I haven't had Mexican food in ages!

Divers and Sundry said...

I miss lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. That food looks delicious! Happy T Tuesday

Jackie McGuinness said...

We've got our boosters too. Our restaurants are closed for indoor dining at the moment.
Mexican sounds good!

craftytrog said...

Yummy food!!! It's making me hungry.
I'm due to get my 4th jab soon, it'll be a booster. I've already had 3 primaries as I'm at risk. I'm glad to hear that you've had yours Elizabeth.
Keep safe,
Alison

da tabbies o trout towne said...

sparkling ice.....I could go into a panic if that water is not in my house !!!

glad you and sally got to visit a fave !! ;) ♥3

Spyder said...

Hubby does the cooking in our house...and often cooks up some dipping yummies! Sometimes it's a bit hot! And yes, I always dribble a dollop on my blouse too! Sorry I forgot to take a picture of my drink rhis week...so added the empty glass instead! Happy T day! (Lyn)

Birgit said...

I am happy you were able to go out and enjoy your meal. What is inside your meal? Whenever I go out for dinner, i almost always have something fall on my shirt or lap.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my word that food looks good.
Good on you and Sally for getting your boosters!!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great way to follow up the Booster jabs! Both meals look delicious! Hugs, Chrisx

Caty said...

Happy T-day Elizabeth !! Ooh those chilies rellenos may be delicious. We like tortitas very much too here.
Have a nice Wednesday, and big hugs
Caty

DVArtist said...

Happy that you are able to eat out. It is a missed pleasure for some. Tomorrow I will post how to plant the onion. You can do this anytime of year too. Have a great day.