Saturday, January 8, 2022

Sew Bold

 

Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal, is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Let's Face It.

I'm tapping into my mixed media skills with this dimensional journal entry.

This is all about sewing

and a beautiful woman
 
who is deep in thought.

These tools will help her make a beautiful gown.

Then she will be "sew bold and sew beautiful."

 
I started with a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock, over which I glued a section from gifted dress pattern instructions. I added the paint chip sample, which was embellished with scissors from a travel kit, three buttons, and three safety pins holding a length of tape measure I "threaded" through the holes in the paint chip.  I then stamped the woman's image onto a sheet of cardstock and added it to the paint chip sample.  I actually created it on the paint chip, but it smeared, so I re-stamped it and glued the new image over the boo-boo.  I also had no E-6000 when I glued the scissors and safety pins in place.  The excess glue I used wouldn't come off like it would had it been E-6000.

Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Let's Face It.    

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Olde Dame Holly said...

Well, those aren't "sew sew" designs, at all. I love them!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow - will you hang it on the wall? I would, it´s clever and wonderful!

Elephant's Child said...

I am ALWAYS blown away by your creativity.

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the page and pun

Nancy said...

Nicely done!

My name is Erika. said...

That's a cool page and I really like how you held down the pins. Very nice. Nice bits and pieces too- like the paint card, buttons and using pattern paper for the background. And of course, great face too. Thanks for sharing. You must be happy to be back online! hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I especially like how you threaded the tape measure through -- functional and adds to the visual element and gives a strong horizontal to balance the verticals.

Valerie-Jael said...

I visited your page and left a comment this morning, and it has once again disappeared, sorry! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

She's pondering the perfect dress :)

kathyinozarks said...

very cool piece Elizabeth/very creative for the theme

DVArtist said...

OMG! You are so brilliant with your art. Love it.

Rita said...

Very clever and pretty, too. :)

WendyK said...

Great idea and page, love it.

Meggymay said...

Oh I love how you created the Sew page and the way you added the safety fasteners with the tape measure, she is a very beautiful lady image you added as well.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

I love this page Elizabeth! It's wonderful!
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Alison

Lowcarb team member said...

This is brilliant :)

All the best Jan

Debra said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful! You certainly are gifted! This is lovely.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is absolutely brilliant Elizabeth. I am visiting posts where I have been unable to leave comments previously. Hugs, Chrisx