Saturday, December 18, 2021

What's behind the pantry door?

 

I'm once again joining my friend Valerie of Bastelmania, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Valerie's theme is When One Door Closes, Another One Opens

What's behind the pantry door?

Does this look like your pantry?  Do you even have a pantry?  Would your pantry be better organized?  I know mine is.

What do you see behind the pantry door?

I started this journal page by coloring 110 lb cardstock with pumpkin Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol. Once dry, which takes mere minutes, I added the fussy cut pantry I found in a magazine.  It's been a long time since I wrote the sentiment in that way.  It used to be a popular way to write a message in your journals, but that style seems to have gone out of fashion.  I thought I would bring it back because I didn't want to computer generate the words for a change.
 

I also have another entry for Try it on Tuesday.  Their theme this fortnight is Snowflakes.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



For this page, I started with a sheet of red and white cardstock, over which I added the snowflake tissue.  Next, I added the two gifted die cut deer.  Originally, I planned to place the handmade baker's twine on the left, but I didn't leave enough room, so had to place it on the right side of the spread.

Bleubeard and I are pleased you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.  We also hope to see you at Try it on Tuesday with your interpretation of Snowflakes.  


17 thoughtful remarks:

Sandra Cox said...

I kept looking for a mouse behind the pantry door:)
Love the deer and the snowflakes.
Happy Holidays, dear Elizabeth. I'm enjoying my card.

Elephant's Child said...

Yet MORE beauties. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, both your creations are wonderful, thanks so much for joining me at AJJ and also for the festive piece you made for TIOT. I do have a pantry, but it's stuffed full of all the odds and ends I can't fit in anywhere else. As I told you recently, organisation is a foreign language for me. And guessing where things might be keeps your brain fit, and its always a happy surprise to find something you weren't looking for in the first place! Enjoy your weekend, hugs!

Iris Flavia said...

This made me SO laugh!.
Yes, it looks like that, just... for everyone to see as the pantry door is in the cellar. It just ate up space!

Love the second one as well. Oh, I´d be so happy for my Nieces if this would happen! A White Christmas...

CJ Kennedy said...

Goodies are behind the pantry door. If it must snow, and it doesn't really need to, let it snow after the Eldest comes for her Christmas and New Year visit. Let it snow after she returns to her home. Don't let her deal with hassles of travel in bad weather.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice art today Elizabeth. That is a great pantry door image. I would love a real pantry. If we ever finish our addition there is one in there, but I'm not holding my breath I'll ever have that. Right now 1/2 of what would be in the kitchen is stored in a closet or on shelves in the basement laundry room. And nice snowflake piece. I love the deer. Have you had any snow yet? Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT. I hope all is well with you and the winds have died down. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

Lol…I expected a real pantry! Nice artwork!

Mae Travels said...

For Costco members, one pantry is never enough! I think my pantry is a little better organized than the one in your image, though.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, what a great page for doors-loving it.
and I really like your reindeer and snowflakes too
Happy weekend

Neet said...

I don't have a pantry now, did have one a long time ago but my friend in America had one and it was cram full of stuff. The trouble was she would not let me re-organise it ... until she had an accident and was confined to bed. I was scared she would blow her top but she mellowed whilst in bed and she loved it. And I love your page too Elizabeth. I can well imagine walking in there and finding lots of lovely smells and jars and bottles, it looks Christmassy to me. Love the wavy writing too.
Your snowflake entry is lovely too - I do like to see snowflakes in a backing situation and those reindeer are delightful. Did you do the writing by han? It is so good.
Hugs to all
Neet xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool pantry page, Elizabeth. I have a small pantry, and it is not very organized. I can find everyting though so it works. I feel convicted and may organize it today - lol. Very fun writing!

Super fun snow page too. I would love to have a bit of snow but I think it was 70 yesterday so pretty sure we won't be having any.

Stay warm and hope you enjoy this week. Many hugz

DVArtist said...

I do have a large pantry and wish it was bigger. You know I am very organized and keep it that way.

Mrs.B said...

Great art Elizabeth, and I wonder Who is behind the Pantry Door?
Love the festive spread you shared with us at Try it on Tuesday, that looks lovely snowflake tissue paper and perfect for our challenge.
Wishing you a lovely peaceful Christmas and my Best Wishes for the New Year. Avril x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page Elizabeth! I wish I did have a pantry - I remember my Gran's more than any other. It always smelt so good. I love the reindeer and Snowflakes- its a lovely entry for TIOT. Thank you for joining us, hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

We have a small pantry closet but not a full pantry. I'm glad to have a place to store canned goods and cooking supplies like oil.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, I would love a glimpse inside folk's pantry doors, mine never seems neat or tidy. my gran used to have a walk in pantry and that was a store to gaze in. Thank you for the fantastic page you shared with us at TioT's as well.
Sorry for the late visit, stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Your pantry door is cute! You wouldn't want to see mine!