Sunday, November 28, 2021

Monday Murals: Morts Cigar and Martini Bar

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.    

I have found another Wichita, Kansas flag.  This one is at Mort's Cigar and Martini Bar.

The hogan, located in the center of the mural, is normally a Native American symbol representing home.   This time it's an olive for the martini and the cigar is projecting out of one of the stripes.  This is a clever way to advertise your business.

This was painted by Potts in 2018.  The mural is located at 923 East First in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  I must learn more about this artist because he seems to have created several murals around town.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today.  We always appreciate it when you drop by.



24 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is a very clever (and subtle) advertisement. I hope your weekend was lovely.

WendyK said...

Fabulous mural, we don't seem to go in for these very much in the UK.
Hugs Wendy

Iris Flavia said...

Fun interpretation! Clever.

kathyinozarks said...

another great find

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love this!!! My husband loves cigars and martinis, not me!

Jeanie said...

I like this -- the graphics are great!

CJ Kennedy said...

A mural fit for James Bond

craftytrog said...

Very cool!!!
Happy Sunday Elizabeth, I hope it's been a good one.

My name is Erika. said...

I am guessing this is an olive. It's a little confusing it you think of it as an olive but I must say I like it if I just look at it. You sure find some great murals Elizabeth. Hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...I'm not into cigars or martinis, but this mural is great! I had missed the Wichita, Kansas flag the past few weeks. Thanks for sharing. Take care and stay safe.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I spend little time in the city, but I really should make an effort to look for murals. We must have some - I just don't know where they are. Maybe we have our own Potts!

Empire of the Cat said...

Interesting mural, I'm learning so much about your neck of the woods! Happy AEDM! Elle/EOTC xx

kwarkito said...

interesting mural

Nas said...

Fabulous mural. I love it!

Leah said...

Very cool. I love public mural art.

DVArtist said...

Wow this is very cool.

Jyoti said...

Wow! These murals are just amazing. Lovely Post dear! xoxo
Allurerage 
Thetrendybride 

Bertiebo said...

It's very well done and nice to see. But I'm not sure if without your explanation, I woud have understood

Sami said...

I don't think I would have discovered an olive or a cigar, but it's great advertising for the bar and a nice flag too.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Rob Siemann said...

lever

NatureFootstep said...

a great and colorful mural :)

Alice said...

Good one, lots of flags in Wichita

Bill said...

A very clever and creative mural.

Divers and Sundry said...

That _is_ clever!