Saturday, October 2, 2021

Second on the 2nd: Halloween

 

As many of you who visit my blog daily know, I like to base my second look on the month's host at Art Journal Journey.  This month it is Tracey, so I decided to concentrate on Halloween, which focuses on the colors I chose for some cards and tip-ins I made.  Since I don't often make cards, this was a stretch for me.  I created this post in October, 2013.  Part of it is shown below.

Just in time for Halloween

I believe everyone who was supposed to receive these cards has now received them.  I'm sure some of you saw the envelopes I sewed, using pages from an old Somerset Magazine Halloween edition.

I made all of them using the same five stamps, one punch, a bit of tape, old book pages, wallpaper, paint chips, and three colors of craft paint.


 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhYnLYBoeYFi2zH5weL-uMIUibWk7hXgEADuM3S0Wz9oT_hMkNM8RZnocMRIraeS3dZfXjeV5Eq6pTc2z8kXrzct4ZWCGAtwsxqPMnFTCp2cHe4fuHjWIMqh9_bWeTw013DM9sGVQ/s1600/6.jpg The back of each was decorated the same.  You can see Bleubeard isn't any better at stamping than I (grin).

I also made two tip-ins, one of which (on the right) you might have seen on Halle's blog recently, although it actually looked better after I added the ink to the left edge before I sent it.  It never hurts to see the flaws through the lens of your camera.  It was good I saw this flaw before I sent the tip-in.

http://www.halleshobbies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/20131012_3527.jpg I was so incredibly grateful when I asked Halle, and she graciously gave me permission to use her photo of my tip-in to her.  Her camera was so much better than mine.


The backs of the tip-ins were hand painted, but quite plain, even though I actually did a bit of stamping there, too. 

The irony of these cards and tip-ins?  Each person I sent one to is a seamstress in her own right.  And it's been obvious from the first stitch I ever took right up to this latest batch of sewed goodies, I couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it!!

_________________________________________ 

I hope you enjoyed this look back at the cards and tip-ins I made in 2013.

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  This link will be good until 4 p.m. my time on Monday afternoon when T Tuesday goes live.



 

 


18 thoughtful remarks:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love this batch! Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays and your cards are just wonderful for it.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, lots of beautiful 2nds today, you know how I love Halloween and autumn. Nice to see these beauties again. And you asked about the letter box. The E is Elizabeth, then the Roman numerals ll for 2nd and R for regina, queen. The initials and numbers change for each monarch. R can also mean Rex if the monarch is a male. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I am very sure that anyone who received one of your cards will treasure it.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Autumn/Fall and Halloween all those colours blend quite seamless. Love the cards you shared again a delight for all that received. There's much more interest in a wavy stitched line than one that's straight and they certainly finished each collaged card off quite beautifully.
Happy 2nd on the Second Hugs Tracey xx

Iris Flavia said...

Cool cards and I love the paw :-)
Thanks to you I´ll shorten my trousers myself! (I hope I´ll manage and not ruin them).
Sadly (?) Halloween is... not really popular here still. And with Corinna... forget about it.

CJ Kennedy said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday and your cards made me smile.

My name is Erika. said...

Great minds are thinking a like-smile. I couldn't get into October and not show some Halloween. I see you were on the same wavelength. And these are fantastic Elizabeth. Wow! I love the colors and the stitching and the images and the layering...ok, I might be going overboard but these are really super cards and tip ins. I'm glad you shared them since I didn't stop by your blog in 2013. I hope October is going well for these 2 days, and thanks for linking me up to AJJ again on the first. I meant to mention that yesterday and got in a rush. Have a wonderful Saturday. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the Autumn colours Elizabeth and I will have to face up to Halloween at some time so this is great encouragement. Hugs, Chrisx

Linda Manning Findley said...

"E" these are wonderful ... love every one of them!

Darla said...

You created some great Halloween cards. I need some card inspiration so thank you.

DVArtist said...

Love love love this so much. On my website the fabric is sold by the piece. Not the year. So the price is for what is listed. Well below what I paid for it by the yard. LOL

ashok said...

Good creativity.. Have a nice weekend

peppylady (Dora) said...

I hope once I start to cut my hours back I will have more time for creativity. Halloween is a fun time of year.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Rita said...

Really great Halloween or October cards. :)

craftytrog said...

An absolutely fabulous collection! I love your sewn and collaged envelopes!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see these, thank you.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I just love this second on second edition. Your piece is fabulous -- so much detail, fabulous colors, perfect for October and for fall.

Birgit said...

I love these envelopes-spooky, fun and the sewing fits right in. I can't do a straight line either but who cares. :)