Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday Smiles 445: A belated birthday wish, Halloween, shopping, and more puns

 

It's Friday and I'm once again joining Friday Smiles which is hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).   Let's visit her and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.

However, before we begin, I want to let everyone know that I contacted Leah Piken Kolidas to see if she is hosting Art Every Day Month (AEDM) again this year.  She told me her blog wasn't working properly, so would let me know if and when it was back online.  She  assured me she would still host AEDM, even if she couldn't get her blog working properly.  Tuesday she contacted me to let me know she got her blog working again and had created the 2021 sign-up sheet.  If you want to play along and you only want to do it on your blog (or other social media site), please head over there now and add your name and blog.  Hope you will join me there.  I'll only share daily from my blog and link daily to Leah's.

I can't believe I forgot Bleubeard's birthday yesterday (thanks for reminding me, Sharon), but I've been so worried about Squiggles, Bleubeard has taken a back seat to him.  Bleubeard has always been self sufficient and never needy, which is not the case with Squiggles.  This was taken earlier this summer, when he suddenly decided to follow me outside, after he and Squiggles had a hissing standoff.  Happy belated birthday to my big boy and face of our blog!  As an aside, I have no idea why this photo won't left adjust.

I recently was at Sam's, a members only warehouse started years ago by Sam Walton of WalMart fame.  I spent a lot of time debating on whether to buy this wood burning kit.
 
 I decided I had enough tools and didn't need any more.

Then, instead of moving on like I should have, I got sucked into buying these gorgeous gel pens.  I love them and am using them on everything now.  50 gel pens for $9.97 (USD).  The best deal on gel pens I've ever seen.

Some of my internet friends were lamenting about how Christmas items are out prior to Halloween.  They were out in late September at Sam's, 

only this time I thought to take a couple of photos.
 

I decided to forego the museum this week and show my puny Halloween decorations around my home. I did very little decorating inside.  With a sick cat, I didn't feel like digging out too many accessories.

Scott purchased these mums and the pumpkin when I saw an ad for them.

The day after Halloween, I will put the mums in the ground.  The holes for them have already been dug.

They actually looked better by the hay bale that is still on my porch, but when I brought my geraniums inside, I moved them to the desk.

For some reason, my mums don't look as healthy as those I've seen on other blogs this past week.

My skeleton asked me to clean the front wall and make it clean, but I would rather cuddle my sick (but better now) little boy.
 
My jack-o-lantern is sad because I broke his hat (lid) last year.  He still lights the way, though.

And of course, many of you saw this on Monday for T Tuesday.
 
Now let's head to the Indian Hills Community Center.  No affiliation, but I sure love his puns.
 









And finally, one appropriate for Halloween!

Now let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) and the lovely ladies who join her for Friday Smiles.  Thanks again for visiting and spending a bit of time with Bleubeard the birthday boy and me this Friday.  We would love to have you join us, too. 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Bleubeard is a beauty. Happy belated birthday to him.
I am so glad that Squiggles is feeling better.
I am not ready to think about Christmas yet.
And thank you for the punny signs.

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy birthday to beautiful Bleubeard, he looks great. Sorry Squiggles is still needy, keep cuddling him. Your Halloween decorations are beautiful, I didn't have the energy to go down to the basement and look for mine, so I have none. Thanks for sharing the punnies. Have the posting times changed for Monday? Hugs, Valerie

mamapez5 said...

So glad your cat is getting better. It must be all those cuddles you give him.
This pens were a good find. I like gel pens too but mostly I use alcohol ink pens for colouring and I have just treated myself to some Posca paint pens.
I don't do Halloween at all, and we find that by not decorating our front porch and closingthe chutters so the lights don't show, we are mostly left along. Here in our village they have a party on the plaza for the children and I think they mostly just visit friends and family after that. Kate x

Lisca said...

Happy belated birthday wishes for Bleubeard. He is a magnificent cat and deserves the extra attention.
I do hop Squiggles is improving. You sound positive about that so all your excellent care is paying off.
Thank you for showing us your fun Halloween decorations. Here it's not really celebrated (apart from a few children's parties that young mums organize as it's trendy to follow what's going on in the US.
Your mums (plants) don't look very happy. Here they are brightly coloured (usually yellow). But the pumpkin makes up for it with bright orange.
Your Jack-0-lantern continues to smile without his hat. He is a great fellow.
Thank you for the chuckles and giggles at the end. They are really good. How do they think them up!?
Take care, give those boys a cuddle,
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca
PS I deleted my previous comment as I had made a couple of stupid mistakes.

Lynn Holland said...

Very difficult to walk round those sort of stores without buying something hee hee
I’m sat looking at the howling wind and rain here in Lancashire. It’s horrid, so your funnies are very welcomed today
Have a good weekend
Lynn xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday to Bleubeard! 🐔🦃🐟 I'm glad Squiggles is feeling better. I enjoyed your Halloween decorations. The handle of my new Hello, Boo mug broke off when Calli freaked jumped on the table where the mug was and knocked it over. Boo and your Jack O' Lantern can feel sad together.

Annie said...

Happy belated birthday to your gorgeous puss. Really hope Squiggles improves very soon. I always chuckle at your funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

kathyinozarks said...

Happy birthday to your very handsome Bleubeard. hoping Squiggles feels better very soon.
We have been a member of sams's club for 30 years now at least. we always had a small business going so they are excellent for that, and I always just really liked them. we live over an hour away now from a Sams's store-and nowadays we don't go out hardly at all-so I upped our membership so we could buy online and get free shipping on most items. I need to check out those gel pens for sure. I do miss their fresh food items though not shopping at the store anymore
enjoyed seeing your fall decorations and loved the funnies too-hugs

Mae Travels said...

Friday’s puns are always welcome. I used to be pretty good at punning but lately I think I’ve lost the knack.

Good luck to improved health and happiness for the kitties.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

I especially love your skeletons and always the puns. And Bleubeard looks so very handsome in that photo.

But I'm very worried about Squiggles. Do you have a firm diagnosis? Please give us updates. Sending get well wishes from Lizzie and me.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Whoever does those signs ought to do a book. He's so clever (or she but I think I read it's a he). I love those signs and he even keeps up with times with the mask era joke! I love your decorations -- simple can be so elegant and sweet. I hope Squiggles keeps getting better. Happy B-day to BB, belated!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. I am here just been distracted all day plus needed to get ready for the Craft Club tomorrow. It's great to see Bleubeard again. You must give him a birthday hug from me. I can't believe the price of those gel pens that is only £7.30p which is just crazy, who could resist that! Loving the pumpkin and your skelly too. Loving the funnies though some of them are truly corny but smile worthy too. Hope the rest of your day is smile worthy too and wishing you a lovely weekend. Big hugs my dear crafty friend xXx

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy birthday to Bleubeard.
I do like your Halloween decorations.

Enjoy the weekend.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

Your decorations look great Elizabeth. I especially like how the skeleton fades into your siding. He has a real ghostly feel. And nice pumpkin too. I didn't get one or mums this year with the deck project. And nice gel pens. I love when I get to go to Sams with my daughter as they have much better art supplies than Costco, which we belong to. I must admit my last trip to Costco I did buy wrapping paper and a doggie advent calendar for the pups. I just hope each box has a treat big enough to split. Smile. And happy belated birthday to Bleubeard. He is a handsome guy. Have a wonderful start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Hope Squiggles will be okay.
Always love those signs. :)

Nancy said...

Happy birthday (belated) to Bleubeard! And I do hope Squiggles continues to improve. Your gel pens are lovely and I see you got metallics in the set as well. Bargain. Tell Mr. Skeleton that he shows up nicely- if the wall was bright white, we couldn't see him so well. I like him. Happy Halloween.

craftytrog said...

Happy birthday to Bleubeard! Good to hear that Squiggles is feeling better.
Thanks for the link to AEDM Elizabeth, I've signed up 😊
Happy Sunday,
Alison

Empire of the Cat said...

Happy belated birthday to Bleubeard! I hope Squiggles is doing better, sorry to hear he was ill. Elle/EOTC xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like your porch decoration and that Autumn leaf mug. I don't mind how early Christmas decorations are up. I'm out so seldom... Happy belated birthday to Bleubeard!