Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Floral Beauty

 

Today I'm joining Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her theme which is Vintage.

Quite often I don't add words to my journal pages.  This was one of those times.  For lack of a better title, I give you the Floral Beauty.

I loved the vintage lace on her dress.

I added a bouquet of flowers that match her dress.

Because I'm driven by color, I chose these silk flowers to match her outfit and the flowers in the background.  I thought the ribbon matched the lace in her dress.

The flowers and leaves were deconstructed from a bouquet I had placed one year at the cemetery.  The filler came from a plant growing in my yard.

If it appears the lace matches the background, it's because I dyed it to match at the same time I created the background.

For this page, I began my 110 lb cardstock substrate with my current go-to background, which is a few drops of Staz-on reinker mixed with 91% isopropyl alcohol.  As I mentioned above, I dipped the white lace in the mixture when I painted the background.  I chose this lace because I thought it matched the lady's dress.

I auditioned many flowers under my full spectrum Ott light.  The top flower is much more lavender under the light, but looks really pink in the photo.  The lady was one I found in my stash.  I thought she had just the right amount of vintage appeal I was going for.

Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you dropped by and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Vintage.

24 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful work!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Elizabeth, I have a vintage lady today, too! Great minds and all that! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

That is simply gorgeous - and needs no words.

Neet said...

So pretty in pink. Today you have gone all feminine on us Elizabeth with a beautiful page that you have put a lot of thought into. Love the choice of lady which I presume was your inspiration and, yes, indeed, the lace is a great match. I just love all the trouble you went to to match the flowers, they do look good just settling in that bottom corner of your cleverly coloured page.
A successful vintage page my dear.
Hugs, Neet xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love this gorgeous design, very nice colours and textures. x

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This is sooooo charming! I loved it.

RO said...

This is truly stunning 😍, and I love the colors. Sending hugs 🤗, RO

My name is Erika. said...

I just read Valerie's post listed above yours, and I can tell you were both on the same wavelength. Smile. This is a stunning page my friend. I love the spotty background and the pretty lady. The flowers and lace work perfectly with her. Perhaps that is what she is putting or trying in her hair. I'm glad I can live now and not have to wear my hair like that. Mine is pretty thin and wispy. That beautiful flower and lace arrangement would never stay in. Hope your week is going well, and thanks for sharing this beauty with us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Your lady is beautiful and your lace and flowers match so well. Beautiful, Elizabeth!

Nancy said...

Just so very pretty! I love those vintage ladies and this one is exceptional.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

these two piece go very well together; like they were "made for each other".....does that make sense. Nice piece Elizabeth !! ☺☺♥♥

Mae Travels said...

She's a cutie, isn't she? I wonder how terribly her corset is squeezing her insides (because that's how they got such tiny waists).

best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

She is pretty, isn't she! Those big eyes :) and surrounded by pink suits her.

CJ Kennedy said...

she looks like one of the Gibson girls. The lace and rose petal embellishments go so well.

Barbara said...

Lovely!!!

Sandra Cox said...

Oh gosh. This piece is gorgeous!
Take special care.
Hugs

Turid said...

No words needed, she's perfect.

Rita said...

So pretty and so feminine. :)

DVArtist said...

This is just beautiful.

sirkkis said...

What a dreamy, beautiful page! Pink is one of my favorite colors, and you used this powder pink stunningly, Elizabeth.
Have nice time and enjoy September xx

WendyK said...

Gorgeous feminine page today Elizabeth. Love all those pinky colours and ey all go really well will your vintage page. Thank you.
Hugs Wendy

craftytrog said...

So beautiful and feminine!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is so beautiful, I love it :)

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

A stunning, feminine page, she is a real beauty and a super way to recycle the flowers.
Yvonne xx