Wednesday, August 18, 2021

My friend is Purrfect

 

 I'm once again joining my friend Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal JourneyShe has chosen Type as her theme.

I actually got the idea for this spread from Elle at Empire of the Cat.  She shared this journal page that triggered my spread today.

Bleubeard has always loved Neet, so he asked to be part of a spread while she was hosting Art Journal Journey.

Not only did he become part of the spread,

his image became part of the background.

Bleubeard was surprised at how large the stamps were I used to create the sentiment.

He was, however, happy to take center stage on this page.

I started this page by combining two colors of pink Staz-on reinkers to which I added 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I spread these on a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock and allowed the alcohol to dry.  
 
Next, I computer generated several fonts that I formatted in several specific font properties: original font, bold, italic, shadow (which didn't print), small caps, strike through, and bold/italic.  After printing these fonts, I copied Bleubeard's image around the best of the various fonts (I'm saving the rest for a later post).  After fussy cutting the images (note I accidentally cut one of Bleubeard's ears off the lower right image), I adhered them to the page using a glue stick.  It was at that time I added the image of Bleubeard.  

Finally, I chose this never before used very, very old rubber stamp set (Close to my Heart set) and stamped the words "My type of friend" on the page.   

Bleubeard would like to thank you ever so much for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Neet's Type


17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Great page and ohhh, hi Bleubeard! So cute (hey, a real man can take the word "cute", right).
Love that rubber stamp set!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is an interesting and imaginative page, I'm sure Bleubeard is happy to be part of it! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Bleubeard is beautiful - and the perfect adornment for your page.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad the Bleubeard got to be a part of this spread. He definitely looks quite content being there. And that is a very clever quote. I like how he is your type of friend. It is a really fun play on the word type, and I also like how you linked it back to the types of type you can pick from. So much type is here! This is a great page for Neet's challenge my dear. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Awww, a cat tribute :) Sweet!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood !!! look at ewe and yur handsum self !!!!! ewe make thiz art peece total lee POP buddy !!! way kewl :) now Elizabeth haz ta make one for squiggles :) ☺☺♥3

craftytrog said...

What an adorable image of Bleubeard! I love this page Elizabeth! It was a great idea to use the Bleubeard shaped text too.
Alison

CJ Kennedy said...

Purrfect and I love the fun lettering, too.

Caty said...

How beautiful is this page Elizabeth, I really like the effect of the pink background, and the details that you have been adding. Bleubeard's photo stands out impressively. He is so so cute ! Love the sentiment.
I wish you a very nice Thursday, big hugs
Caty

Neet said...

How very clever of you and Bleubeard to create this adorable page for my theme at Art Journal Journey.
Starting with the pink on the page - I have never used this technique myself but you can be sure I will be trying it out soon. I like it! Love the idea you had of printing some paper with various types of fonts and in various ways but then you cut them to represent Bleubeard's image - how clever is that? Lovely to see his image there as well amongst the copies of him.
I know how you are not that happy with stamping but I love the way you have done the sentiment on here. What a fabulous alphabet set you used for it too.
I am absolutely delighted with this page Elizabeth, and Bleubeard, and you know I have always loved him too. Sending him a special tickle under the chin today.
Hugs to all, Neet xxx

Cindy McMath said...

Oh my goodness - what a sweetie! I’m amazed how light his coat was when he was a kitten. Lovely page.

Rita said...

Very cute! My type of friend, too. :)

Meggymay said...

Now I have to stop by to say that I hope Bleubeard is happy to be featured on this fabulous page. It is a sweet adorable page.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, what a cutie! Loving the colours and type that you added and the kitten is so adorable 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Jeanie said...

What a wonderfully clever idea! Cats are my type, too! And I'm very fond of type fonts. A great combo!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the cat and the type! Very fun!!!! Trying to catch up and thoroughly enjoying your posts, Elizabeth! Hugz

Empire of the Cat said...

Aww how cute he is! I love this spread, thanks for the shoutout too, glad I inspired you with my page :) Elle xx