Sunday, August 22, 2021

Monday Murals:#ictflagart

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today. 

This flag is one of 29 listed with the city of Wichita.  It is located on the side of the Kansas Health Science Center

which is located at 221 South Topeka in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It is a traditional Wichita flag with the blue and white hogan in the center which is a Native American symbol signifying home.

It is the first time I have seen the #ictflagart shown with a Wichita flag.  It was painted by Johnny Freedom and installed in July, 2017.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by to visit Bleubeard and me today, too.

 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Stylish and lovely. I hope your weekend has been treating you well.

Mae Travels said...

That's a good example of street art. I think there's much more going on in the streets than just murals and graffiti. Art lives!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, I love good graffiti, just not the nasty scribbles and smears that so many make. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

It´s great when you can be proud of your place!
Arty, too.

RO said...

This is quite nice, and love the colors. Hugs and hope you're doing well. RO

CJ Kennedy said...

The Kansas flag is such a striking design. Though I'm more partial to the Keep of the Plains.

DVArtist said...

This is a striking mural.

kathyinozarks said...

another awesome mural find-thank you for sharing Elizabeth

Divers and Sundry said...

I wish TN did this. It's such a cool idea.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing this.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the flag has such bold graphic, I look forward to more of them in the future.

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous flag mural. It looks like it is put on the brick wall, not painted on it, so I would say the artist did a great job with that. Nice find this week Elizabeth. Hugs-Erika

Bertiebo said...

I did not know the word hogan. It's a beautiful symbool. Great flag

Sami said...

Another nice flag Elizabeth. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Birgit said...

I love the bold mural with The Indigenous symbol. Great look on the side of this building.

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool mural! Fun that you find so many of them. Hugz