Monday, August 23, 2021

In Days Of Old

 

I'm once again joining Neet at Hickydorums, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, who has chosen Type as her theme 
 
  This is a very old typing machine. 

 
It was apparently created in days of old.

I even used some old lace to show how old this typewriter is.
 
I had another 12 X 12 inch heavy cardstock square I cut down to 8.5 X 11 inches so it would fit in my laser printer.  Once printed, I added the letter stickers from an old set I had on hand.  I outlined the white letters in black ink so they would stand out better.  I sewed the lace on the bottom of the page using black thread purely for decoration.  The old typewriter was a freebie from The Graphics Fairy.  
 
As always, I am very grateful you visited today.  Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Type.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Another creative (and lovely) take on this theme.

Iris Flavia said...

Clever one.
I´ll have a look if I still have a Falk-map, if I do there´ll be a post on that.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, another fun post. Like the contrast between the machine and the lace. Have a great start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Wow, haven't seen this one before - the machine I mean. This is a very vintage typewriter and I love how you have given it that lovely red background. The added lace trim is so inspired.
Are we having telepathic moments - I could not believe what I was seeing this morning in view of what I had posted in readiness yesterday.
Uncanny to say the least that you have joined my theme at Art Journal Journey with a very similar post. Wonder what Bluebeard thinks of this?
Hugs to you both, ~Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving the old typewriter and the letter stickers finish the page beautifully - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

That is an interesting looking typewriter. Almost like a telegraph machine. Cool image and page today Elizabeth. Hope you're having a great start to the week. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

If one didn't know better, the machine looks like it could be used to spin lace.

Barbara said...

I guess there are still some of these machines in museums. Great take on it.

Mae Travels said...

I love old printing equipment, and I've seen fascinating examples in several museums, including one in Provo, Utah, that replicated the Gutenberg set up and several others that were of particular interest.to mormons I love the "fonts" which were physical places to store type! The upper case had upper case letters and the lower case had lower case letters.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never seen one like that before. They evolved a lot over time, didn't they!

Sandra Cox said...

Well I did grow up with a typewriter, but it wasn't quite this old:)
Hugs

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth! I love that old machine.
Alison

Cloudia said...

cool old typewriter and graphic

Jeanie said...

Nice, Elizabeth. It's a great graphic!

Meggymay said...

An awesome old copywriter and I love how it pops off the page from the red background. Sorry I am late calling in, I am always catching up these days.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Sorry I am so late commenting on this! Glad I came by though because I love that image, your color, and tat lace Super fun page, Elizabeth! Hugz