Thursday, July 22, 2021

Sunflowers in the countryside

 

I'm back today with another journal page for Butterfly from Words and Pictures who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Summer Countryside

I don't always remember to create step-out photos unless I'm creating a tutorial.  Today, I actually remembered to do just that.  I first laid down a partial napkin on 110 lb cardstock.

Next, I grabbed my handmade shimmering mists and gently gave three different greens a light spray.

Then I added the words.

In case you can't read my handwriting:
Walk with me by a field of sunflowers in the countryside.
I used three thicknesses of white cardstock and one thickness of black to build up the words.  I used a black Sharpie for the words.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Summer Countryside.
 

23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, lovely colours! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I would be more than happy to walk with you.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning serviette used and love the gorgeous outcome. xx

Neet said...

Lovely page Elizabeth - I remember the fields of sunflowers when we drove through France one year. Thank you for the memory. Your sunflowers make for a lovely sunny countryside page. Your handwriting is fine - easily readable and quite nice cursive script.
Happy days
Hugs, Neet xxx

My name is Erika. said...

I always forget to take step by step photos too, so good for you for remembering. This is a great page. Nice splatters. I love the black outlined words and background too. This is perfect for Alison's challenge. Sunflowers are beautiful in the summer. I am actually growing some this year, waiting for them to bloom, and I bought a pot yesterday at the store which is blooming. I just couldn't resist. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

I hope your day includes some real flowers too!

Check my blog on Monday -- I'll be out of touch, but it will be ready.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Nicole/DVAtist/Beadwright said...

Very pretty sunflowers.

Sami said...

What a pretty paper napkin, you've made a beautiful page Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Sunflowers are my favorite flower :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page. So appropriate as sunflower is the state flower of KS

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful page Elizabeth!
I'd love to come and join you on your walk!
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your know I love your handwriting and this page is a real gem! Sunflowers are such happy flowers! Hugs, Chrisx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

very pretty piece today ELizabeth !!! I can't think of the last time I
saw an actual sunflower !! :) ♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

p.s. you are not dense..... if you weren't sure about the term, that's OK; I had to ask CJ on her post today what the significance of the number 42 was !!!!!

♥♥ "gotcha day" is the day a pet is "adopted" and brought home from say a shelter or pet store...in mackerull's case it was the day he was trapped and brought in from "livin life on de streetz " and came to live with me and de big katoona ~~~

☺☺♥♥

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely page this is, I do like sunflowers.

All the best Jan

Rita said...

Gorgeous page with those sunflowers. :)

Jeanie said...

This is just such a happy piece! I like it lots, Elizabeth!

Iris Flavia said...

Love this, and your handwriting is great. I often sit weeks and weeks later on a note I made and think "???".
Funny I pooped in so late and have the theme "summer" today, too.

Iris Flavia said...

popped!!!! My keyboard fools me! Oh, help, hope it gave you a laugh...

nwilliams6 said...

You had me at sunflowers! Lovely napkin, cool sprays and splatters, and lovely words. Love this happy page, Elizabeth. Hugz

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely sunflower page. I love sunflowers! Thanks for the step by step. I usually forget to take those photos, too.

Meggymay said...

I love this page and all those beautiful sunflowers.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's a delightful napkin to start the page off, and I love the life in your spritzes and splatters, and then the jaunty angles of the words. I'd happily go for a walk with you here!
Alison x