Monday, July 5, 2021

My monthly calendar

 

 This is the first time this month I've had an opportunity to share my monthly calendar.  I'll start as I always do, with the completed month, which in this case is June.

For those who want to see how boring my life truly is, here is the left side of June, 2021.

This is the right side.  I got a little carried away with the butterflies, but my life is no more glamorous this month than any in 2021 so far.

July has already been written in.  It shows a stamped bird in the countryside, so I'm also sharing this with Alison Bomber, who many of you know as Butterfly, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Summer Countryside.   I hope everyone is having a great extended holiday today.      
 
Thanks so very much for joining me today.  Feel free to laugh at my calendar pages and my very boring life.  Bleubeard is snickering in the background.  It's a good thing you can't hear him yowl. 
 
Since my calendar is rather pitiful, I thought I would share an herb update.  These are photos I took yesterday.  

For those of you who don't visit every day, my lawn mower is in the shop waiting on a back ordered part.

My overgrown back lawn
 
looks like a disaster.  If I don't get my mower back soon, I'll need to hire someone to mow my yard.

My "grass" is nearly as tall as my basil, which has certainly gotten out of hand.

My cantaloupe (in the large pot in back with the tomato cage) has finally developed some pretty yellow flowers. My orange mint is growing strong as it does every July.

I am thrilled there's at least one squash blossom, although it appears something is attacking the leaves.
 
Frequent visitors saw how high winds broke my dill.  I put the broken end in the pot and hoped seeds would develop.  It appears they have.

That's all for today.  I hope those of you in the states have a wonderful extra day off for our extended Independence weekend.  I wish everyone else a lovely Monday.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Not the point, but.... your garden looks beautiful like this. Would like to know/see how high it goes?
Yay for the strong dill. And don´t say boring life ;-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden looks good, and think of all the insects, birds and small animals you are making happy with the long grass! Your herbs look great. Mine are shooting up too, I need to do a first harvest. Lovely calendar pages, too! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Your 'boring' (not) life looks much more interesting than mine.
Love your garden and hope the mower can be repaired quickly.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun calendar pages I love that bird stamp. So pretty. Your garden looks so lush . I’m thinking about renting goats to clear the overgrown areas of my yard.

Mae Travels said...

By the time you get your lawnmower back you will probably need to hire someone to catch up with all that growth! Your basil is absolutely stunning. Looks like you should eat some soon. Caprese salad!!!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sami said...

Love all the butterflies in your monthly calendar. I'm sure you lead a far from boring life Elizabeth.
Apart from the tall grass, lol the garden is looking great.
Not sure if it's the type of grass we have, but ours only gets mowed maybe twice a year.

nwilliams6 said...

Great calendar pages, Elizabeth, and your garden looks fab to me. I know the frustration of the lawnmower being in the shop - our weedeater was in the shop for 3 weeks and we even ended up with a rattlesnake in the weeds that grew up. Urgh! I need to get some herbs - I am so impressed with yours! Hugz

Halle said...

On the bright side...your lawn isn't being scorched by the heat. Your herbs look amazing...all that basil...yum.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice calendar dear Elizabeth, and your plants are looking so good. I can pick out your basil. Do you make pesto? It will be nice when you get your lawn mower back, but that will be a lot of work to cut it. Hope you had a nice start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Um blog muito interessante.
Obrigado pela visita ao meu blog.
Um abraço e boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

craftytrog said...

Your calendars look great Elizabeth, I love the butterflies and that little bird stamp.
The herbs are looking good, as is the grass. We're leaving our uncut to help the insects and wildlife. We have a small meadow much to our neighbours disgust. They have a well-ordered garden, the opposite of ours.
Alison xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the herbs are doing exceptionally well !!!! and hoping your mower part is not as back ordered as some car parts !!!! YOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Meggymay said...

Well your garden and herbs look healthy and the grass growing must be a haven for the insects and wildlife visitors, some folk like trimmed and well cut lawns I like to see grass and nature.
The calendar pages look lovely you have some pretty stamps there.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Your veggies and herbs are lookin' good, and I still think "meadow" is better than lawn ;)

Words and Pictures said...

If you let that grass continue to grow, you'll have a natural meadow which the birds, bees and other insects will thank you for! That's what I'm creating round one side of the house (embracing No-Mow-May as fitting right in with my plans!) and the wildlife is already amazing.

I love the little bird enjoying the countryside in that adorable stamp - who needs glamour - a happy life with creating and gardening suits me!
Alison x

WendyK said...

Lovely journal page, love the herbs. Have a great weekend.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Nice calendar pages with the butterflies and the new one with the summer bird stamp and your garden is so beautifully green and your herbs and melons thrive very nicely. I also think it's nice if you let it grow for the insects.
Have a good time, hugs Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

Another comment I find that didn't publish! Your calendar looks great and of course I have seen the progress in your garden! Hugs, Chrisx