Saturday, April 17, 2021

The House on Candy Lane

 

It's time to once again join Erika, aka BioArtGal and Chris, aka Pearshapedcrafting our hosts this month at Art Journal Journey.  Our theme is Inspired By (Eileen).

Today I give you The House on Candy Lane.

For some unknown reason, I can't get the text under the photo to left adjust, no matter what I try.  In fact, I've tried for two different days and am finally facing the fact Blogger is going to do what it wants to do, not what I want it to do.

This is the house that candy built.

These are the trees

that surround the house. 

This is the landscaped walkway that leads to the house.

This is the carefully planted grass that surrounds the house.

This is MY house and it's on Candy Lane. 

For this page that I created in my watercolor journal, I began by marking where the house would sit on the page.  I used watercolors to paint the sky and grass.  
 
I assembled the house using gold and red Reese's candy wrappers.  I delineated the house from the roof by running a "Kisses" strip across the width of the house.  I used green Reese's candy wrappers for the evergreen trees and a large Reese's cup wrapper and a Kisses strip for the tall tree.  I used a 1/4 inch hole punch on a red Kisses wrapper to get the flowers that lined the walkway.  The address on the house signifies both 22 days of recycling and my date of birth.  It's tough to have to sacrifice for the sake of art, but I felt it was important in order to create this House on Candy Lane.  Thank you beyond belief for joining me today.  It makes this sacrifice so much easier (grin).  I'm also joining Art Journal Journey because I was inspired by Christmas candy wrappers.
 
This was Day 17 of 22 and I recycled various candy wrappers and turned them into art. 

 

22 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

What a fabulous candy house...love what you used. ♥

Elephant's Child said...

Big, big smiles. Thank you. And yes, blogger does whatever it wants...

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I imagine this page to smell delicious, I really need to go get some breakfast.
Lovely shimmer from those gold wrappers, a very sweet page (no pun intended).
Yes blogger has been a pain, i'm juggling with templates hoping not to lose anything along the way.
Have a great weekend, now it is time for breakfast before the paint brush comes out again Hugs Tracey x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun page, I think a candy house would be a fun place to live! Blogger often has a will of its own, and ist very frustrating at times. Have a 'sweet' day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

This is so delightful! I love your house on Candy Lane and the way you created the scene with the candy wrappers is amazing - beautiful work 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fun way to recycle. And good "stuff" to recycle also since I am sure you enjoyed the candy too. It makes a lovely house and trees. I need to save it when I have candy because the foil is a great look, especially with the crinkled texture. Thanks for joining in at AJJ. Also thanks for your nice comments about my fabric house book too. Hope you have a sunny Saturday. Not here, but at least we only got snow flurries yesterday, not the foot or so some places in NH got. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I love this one-so fun and awesome way to recycle too-Happy weekend Elizabeth

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet 😉 Makes me think of the board game, Candy Land

Jeanie said...

I love how you used the candy foil. It's so sparkly and pretty and just makes the theme sparkle, too.

Olde Dame Holly said...

That is just one of my favorites yet! What a very cute idea! And gosh, since I will need to get candy wrappers to make my own version, I "have" to get some candy to eat!

Annie said...

Elizabeth! How fun this candy wrapper page is! When Sheila used candy wrappers to make a bunting on her journal entry, I immediately knew I’d need to save candy wrappers. The foil wraps are the best. I just don’t eat much candy anymore. I’ll have to find a small bag though and “sacrifice” for the sake of art. So fun that you included the Kisses strips that help to open the wrapping. This is a feel good page as you know only happiness could possibly live in a candy wrapper house on Candy Lane.

Sandra Cox said...

How creative! I love it.
Have a wonderful weekend, dear Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Shiny! I once had to delete the photo and start over to get the caption where I wanted it lol. I like the captions centered.

craftytrog said...

Wonderful recycling! xx

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh I love the candy house and the candy wrappers! I bet it smells amazing too. I'm a big recycler, especially cardboard and paper and packaging. About your text problem, have you tried reformatting the text using the TX button on the toolbar? Highlight the text, click the Tx button, and then try aligning it again. If that doesn't work, you could try doing a "hard return/enter" after the image and before the text starts, and then try to align left. Elle xx

Rita said...

I like mine centered and Blogger won't leave those alone, either--LOL!
Blogger has a mind of its own and now it is going to quit the follow by email option! That's how I follow everybody. *sigh*

Mae Travels said...

That's a cute idea, your own Candy Land.

When we were kids sometimes we would save the foil from Hershey Kisses and maybe other candy (I don't remember which) to make a ball of foil as big as we could. We didn't eat much candy, though, so my foil ball never grew very large. I would be embarrassed to see my collective candy-wrapper accumulation now -- I'm afraid I just put them in recycling.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a 'sweet' house and garden. I love this Elizabeth - what a sacrifice you must have made to get those wrappers!!!
As for Kisses - my son brought me some back from one of his trips to the USA when he was younger - I found them a disappointment having read about them for ages!
Hugs, Chrisx

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful house Elizabeth! Great recycling of course.

DVArtist said...

Wouldn't this be a wonderful place to live. I love your dream lands.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I missed a lot!
Yes, blogger drives me nuts, too! Hiding functions and dare use HTML, all packed in one darn line!
(HA, I find my way anyhows, darn blogger!)
Sad, it was a good tool once. Gets worse and worse...

But back to yours, ohhhh, kisses, love that :-)
Even if I just had (hold your breath) kale for brekkie (yum any time) and don´t like candy, I love this work! Never heard of Reese, though.

nwilliams6 said...

Now, this is totally fun! If you are going to recycle, I can't think of anything better than candy wrappers! Fun elements, textures and look, Elizabeth. Super page!!!! Hugz