Monday, April 5, 2021

March complete and April already started in my never ending calendar (plus a bonus)

 

It's once again time to share my wimpy monthly calendar.  This is the left side.  It honored Sheila's single flower theme.

This is the right side.  You can tell what an incredibly boring life I lead.

April has already been written in, but here it is before anything has been written.  Some of you may remember that Erika and Chris are our hosts this month at Art Journal Journey. They (and I) are inspired by Eileen's original Inspired By theme.  I'm ALWAYS inspired by travel, especially to Paris, even though I have shared several other places in Europe on my calendar.

I deconstructed a page I didn't care for, and had these pieces I wanted to use in this entry. 

The deconstructed Paris inspired pieces went nicely in my latest altered book entry.  In addition to Art Journal Journey, I'm sharing this with Try it on Tuesday, whose theme this fortnight is Hello Spring.  And many believe there's no place better than Paris in the springtime.

There's a lot going on in this journal entry,

including the images I removed from a previous journal page I didn't care for.

I also did some stamping.

I added the sentiment, which was computer generated, then colored using a water soluble crayon.

I layered some previously gifted gift wrap with the widest washi tape I've ever seen, also gifted.  

Both were Paris themed.

And of course, the iconic symbol of Paris: the Eiffel Tower.

For this page I created in my Coll-AH-ge Two altered book, everything was recycled, repurposed, or reused, except the stamped image of the Eiffel Tower (on the right) and the sentiment.  The wrapping paper still has bits of tape on it from where I gently removed it from the gift I received.  The washi tape was wrapped around another gift.  The three pieces I showed in the first photo were removed from a spread I didn't care for.

This is Day 5 of 22, where I recycled, repurposed, and reused various papers, tapes, and images I noted above.  I also joined Art Journal Journey with our Inspired By (Eileen) theme and Try it on Tuesday with their Hello Spring theme.

Thank you for joining me today.  I am truly, truly grateful for your continued support of my recycling projects.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Clever - and lovely. thank you.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful Paris page, I love the different collage elements you used Elizabeth. A great idea to recycle an old page.
Good to see your April calendar, and I know what you mean about having a boring life. My calendar entries are mostly the same every day. Thank goodness for art challenges!
Hope you have a good week.
Alison xx

Iris Flavia said...

Love that ALOHA-stamp :-)
LOL. Ask me how interesting my life is (not)....

Ohhh. The Eiffel Tower sure reminds me I should see my dentist! And I don´t want to!
But I have to admit, it´s a very beautiful, creative page.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page Elizabeth, you have some great ideas. Thanks for linking to TIOT, too. If you could link me to TsfT again this evening that would be great! Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

This is a great process post and how good to reuse previous artwork.
Hope you have a good Paris (in the imagination) April. I read your diary (I think that is OK? it sounds awful) and am intrigued by your plans with Scott.
Also nice to read about Squiggles.
Love from Sheila

Mae Travels said...

The Eiffel Tower is always a good way to invoke Paris! We lived in an apartment with a view of it one year, but it wasn't a flattened view like the usual -- it looked at a corner. That's another perspective for seeing differently. Also, from up close, it's an amazing sight.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

WendyK said...

Great Paris page from your deconstructed bits.

Annie said...

No calendar is wimpy! For me, the point of writing in a calendar journal is to be more present in the day and at the end I write what was most pleasant about that day. Of course, that means I write a lot about playtime rather than all the real life daily crap that goes on that isn’t fun. That sort of stuff is recorded in a separate appointment calendar. Helping Sally clean her basement and haul away all her scrapbook stuff to add to your supply sounds very fun! I really like your altered book page. Using elements from a previously unloved page is a good idea for keeping the bits of the page that you did love. Recycling and repurposing can be a challenge as well as a fun time. I certainly could tear apart my unfinished smash book to give the bits new life in other places. Your altered book is inspiring!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful pages! I love Paris in springtime too, such a lovely time of year to visit and explore the city and I enjoyed the virtual visit to Paris whilst joining you today too 😀. Your calender and journal pages are fabulous, living those stamps and collaged elements. Take care and Happy April! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

It's great seeing your calendar and also your Paris page. It is really beautiful. Love all the vintage looking (or actual vintage) papers, and the stamped images. The image of the Eiffel Tower looks perfect and pops off the page. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday also. This page is perfect for both AJJ and TIOT's challenge also. Have a great start to your week. Hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

Love your calendars. Hope you had a Hoppy Easter, dear Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

You fill up a calendar! I like the Paris piece :)

Empire of the Cat said...

I love the Paris pages Elizabeth :) btw I got your message and sent you an email today :) Elle

DVArtist said...

Your calendar journal just makes you looks so organized. Which I am sure you are. Lovely art.

aussie aNNie said...

oh I must have missed this post, love it and your cleverly designed calendar...
Thank you also for your latest ever so sweet comment ♥

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A beautiful Paris page!
The calendar is full, much done in March!!
Have a good day, hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! How could I miss this? Getting away behind! Love your calendar pages Elizabeth but the journal page really is making me think of what I am going to miss this Spring (we would have been going next Wednesday)Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday with this fabulous reminder of Paris in the Spring Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Fab calendar pages - CAS is beautiful too. I love the Journal page - Paris anytime would be wonderful and hopefully I will be able to go one day. The closest I have come to the tower is a replica in Las Vegas - shame to admit it! I love that you recycle so much in your art - makes it more meaningful and fun. Also love that you actually complete your calendars - I never do but always keep trying. Hugz