Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter

 

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it.

Today I give you the Easter bunny.
 
My adorable bunny started out as a K-cup, which cannot be recycled where I live.  I feel Europe and Australia have far better recycling than we have here in the states.  We are so far behind when it comes to reducing waste here.

 It's so chilly here, the poor bunny is shivering.  Or that may be the person behind the camera!

Ah, better.

The bunny has large feet,

observant eyes,

and whiskers that appear to have been damaged by a fight.

This bunny has big ears that are able to listen for the sound of little children.

The little bunny's ears are keen to the idea of the great art in the background, too.

To make the bunny, I removed the filter and washed the white K-cup.  I then freehand cut the rabbit ears, nose, and feet from a sheet of recycled copier/printer paper. Using my gifted pink watercolor pencil, I colored the ears, feet, and nose.  I adhered the feet first, because I wanted them to hide the raised markings on the K-cup.  It was then time to adhere the ears and nose.  
 
I had a hard time finding a good adhesive that would adhere well to plastic.  I finally used glue dots.  Next, I used a black Sharpie to paint the eyes on the cup.  Finally, I added the whiskers and mouth using a black fine point pen.  When I was moving the bunny to the table, I must have smudged the whiskers and mouth.  I was disappointed because I had worked so hard to make it look like a bunny.  Had I realized it before I took these photos, I would have tried to remove the whiskers and mouth and I would have reworked them.  As it is, I just have to believe the bunny must have gotten in a fight with something or someone on the way to celebrating Easter.
 
This is Day 4 of 22 and I recycled another K-cup (see my St. Patrick's Day hat from yesterday's post) and white copier/printer paper from my recycle bin. Thank you so very much for sharing time with Bleubeard and me today.  We both greatly appreciate it.  Happy Easter everyone.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the giant feet on that bunny - and hope that both of you have warmed up.

aussie aNNie said...

Oh gosh how beautiful is this love everything about it.
Happy Easter xxxx

Iris Flavia said...

I think "the person behind the cam" is shivering! Only 6C, grey here, too...
Happy Easter to you two.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your pretty bunny! Here it's a cool Easter Sunday, but with some sunny intervals. Happy Easter! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Cute bunny. And a good way to use those K-cups. They really could create a lot of trash. I also see you had some Green Mountain coffee from Vermont- or at least it was originally.You do come up with some very clever ideas for your recycling days! Have a wonderful Easter my friend. hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Happy Easter.

CJ Kennedy said...

What a cute idea! Happy Easter 🐣🐰💐

Mae Travels said...

The waste caused by K-cups is really overwhelming, even one cup of coffee per user per day! We now use a French Press coffee maker — no filters, cups, or anything like that. We switched from filters, but didn’t get to K-cups.

Now the real waste challenge is MASKS!!! Not much to be done by us ordinary people.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Happy Easter Elizabeth. glad you caught up with Kew - I have missed it!! It's not a requirement to wear masks outside here, so some people do, some don't. Depending on where I am, and how busy it is, or how close I have to walk by other people, I do. I decided not to yesterday as it was very cold and that made my nose run behind the mask!!

DVArtist said...

This is a great idea. Happy Easter my friend.

Barbara said...

Very cute idea!

craftytrog said...

I love your cute Easter bunny Elizabeth!
Happy Easter!
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Easter! What an adorable bunny :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your Easter Bunny.
Happy Easter Wishes.

All the best Jan

Olde Dame Holly said...

The smudges make the bunny look very lively! What a great way to upcycle the K-cup pods.

Rita said...

Another cute recycling idea!
Happy Easter, Elizabeth. :)

sheila 77 said...

This is recycling with a difference, Elizabeth. I absolutely love recycled bunny and all the chat along the way. Large feet and super good ears and whiskers which are quivering at the thought of being on your blog. What a great imagination you have.
Love from Sheila

Jeanie said...

Somebunny was being very creative! I hope you had a happy day!