Monday, March 22, 2021

Ethereal

 

Ethereal. 

That's what I thought when I lightened this beauty in PhotoShop. 
 
Of course, we know it's for Sheila, aka Orange Esmeralda's Single Flower theme at Art Journal Journey.

A bit of sewing

and a tiny bit of color were all that were needed.

After lightening the image in PhotoShop, I printed it on 110 lb cardstock.  I then colored the flower using watercolor pencils and sewed around the image using pink variegated thread.

Thanks once again for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are truly grateful you stopped by.  We would also like to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on A Single Flower. 



14 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Very beautiful, just the right amount of color and sewing (help, that too big dress still lurks at me!!!)

Elephant's Child said...

Your work enhances her beauty - immeasurably.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Elizabeth, great idea. Could you please link me again this evening, I need to take my evening meds and then I can't stay awake....Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

This is a lovely old photograph and what a beautiful dress with that great neckline. I like your modern sewing addition to it and it's good to see you are still using the watercolour pencils which I would think were ideal for this. Thanks very much for another entry to our "Single Flower" challenge and all your encouragement to me and others.

Barbara said...

Indeed, a lovely photo with a perfect flower embellishment!

My name is Erika. said...

Great idea for a single flower. She is ethereal and quite a beauty. A single flower makes an interesting challenge, doesn't it? I like finding ways to use one flower, but it is not always as easy as I would have thought. Happy Monday. See you later for T. hugs-Erika

Tammy said...

Stunning photo, I love the added stitching and that beautiful flower!
Tammy x

Divers and Sundry said...

"Ethereal" is the perfect word. I love the little touches you added.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I so love the touch of color on the "single flower" she has in her hand!

peggy gatto said...

Simply Beautiful!

craftytrog said...

Ethereal and so beautiful Elizabeth! I love the stitching too!
Alison xx

DVArtist said...

This is gorgeous.

Jeanie said...

Ethereal indeed. It's a beautiful image, almost magical.

Birgit said...

Love this ghostly image of this Gibson girl holding the flower. You captured the feeling so well.