Thursday, February 11, 2021

Infection confession

 

Many of you wonder why I haven't visited, especially my T Tuesday group I host.  The sad story is, I thought I got sick because I ate something.  I was so sick, I only got one final visit before I got so sick, my friend Sally had to take me to the ER.

Abstract found on internet.

It appears I got an infection from my surgery.  Since I'd never had staples before, when they started getting red around the edges, I didn't think too much about it.  I knew I felt a bit hot, but ignored that, too.  However, when I started getting yellow pus (sorry if this is too graphic) around the staples, Sally insisted I had to go to the ER.  

Once there, I was told if I had visited even one day earlier, I could have been given an antibiotic and sent home.  Instead, I waited until infection had set in to the point where they had to admit me.  Hopefully the infection is now under control, BUT I have been told to stay in bed, take the medication I've been given, check my temperature daily, and rest.  Under no circumstances am I to do anything strenuous for a few days.  Since one side of my face is still swollen, I am also not supposed to be on the internet, or watch tv.  Looks like I'll be doing a lot of sleeping, since I don't have an Audible.

My sincere apologies.  I have several posts already scheduled, so forgive me if I don't respond to your comments.  I will completely understand if you don't leave me one since I can't return the favor until I've been given the "all clear."


 

26 thoughtful remarks:

DVArtist said...

Hey stop apologizing. This is not something you did, it is something that happened. YOU take care of you and get well. I will keep a candle going for you and send lots of healing energy. Much love and hugs.

Jeanie said...

Please don't apologize to us. Just lay low and get well. It sounds really grim, painful and scary so follow every rule to the letter. Just get well.

Mae Travels said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough recovery. Do take it easy and allow yourself to heal at whatever speed your body needs to do!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bertiebo said...

Be careful, Elizabaeth and get well soon.

Elephant's Child said...

Apologies are NOT necessary. Focus on you, and get better soon.

aussie aNNie said...

Don't worry about visiting me, just get well...love n hugs. xxx

Helen said...

sorry you are having such a tough time. I hope the infection is under control now and you are on the road to full recovery. and like the others say, don't apologise!

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry! Get well son! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Oh Elizabeth, what a mess. If we ont know these things it can all go wrong as it did in your case. Get well soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

Barbara said...

Forget everything else! Just get well!

RO said...

Of course, we're still going to still visit because you're our friend, and we're concerned. Kudos to you for the scheduled posts which is something I've always wished I could do(lol) Please take care of YOU, and know that we all care about your health and well being. Lots and lots of hugs, RO

da tabbies o trout towne said...

no apologies needed; sorry you had to go thru all this; get better, be better, stay better and see you around blogland soon !!


wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles ~~~~ ♥♥

Kimmie said...

I was worried about you Liz! Get well soon!
Love & prayers, Kim Schroyer-Strukel

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you are much better soon! Please rest and relax and don't worry about commenting, it's more important that you get better ❤️. Take care! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like you really do need to rest and take it easy. So sorry to hear things go so bad Elizabeth. Take care and follow doctor's orders. I hope you are better very soon; that is more important than blogging or commenting. Sending positive thoughts. Hugs-Erika

Karen said...

Oh my goodness!~I'm glad your ok! I'm thankful to Sally for taking you in. Be kind to you and rest, relax and heal ~ I'll be praying for you!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know it must be worrisome. I am glad they caught the infection in time to take care of it. Do rest and take care of yourself. No apologies necessary! I'm just glad you went to ER when you did. All best wishes and positive thoughs beamed your way.

CJ Kennedy said...

😱 Oh, no! Rest up, rest well, and feel better soon

J said...

Elizabeth so sorry to hear you aren’t well, take care and get well soon
Jan x

nwilliams6 said...

Elizabeth, take care of yourself. I know how easily this can happen and I know it is hard to decide what to do when a surgery site is red. I debated on my last surgery too. I did call the office just in time - but I almost didn't... Glad you went when you did! Many hugz and some prayers too!

kathyinozarks said...

I agree Stop apologizing-take care of you First and always. Hope you are not getting this deep freeze as we are here in Missouri it is pretty bad down in the negatives today and next few days-stay warm hoping your friends Sally or Scott check up on you Hugs from the lake Kathy

sheila 77 said...

What a nuisance for you, Elizabeth.
I'm really sorry to hear this and hope you get well very soon.
Love from Sheila

Cindy McMath said...

Gosh that’s terrible! I hope you’re on the mend and following doctor’s orders.

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh my:(:( Infections like this are unfortunately fairly common ...
I am glad you did get to the ER before waiting even another day. I hope the treatments rid you of any and all infection symptoms. Please, no apologies are ever needed. Just take good care of yourself. Love and healing.

Divers and Sundry said...

I am so sorry you've had this setback :( but hope you get the all clear soon. Bummer :(

My comments here aren't dependent on your comments anywhere else :) I can't really keep up with who returns "calls" anyway ;)

Barbara said...

Your Sally is a very dear friend, to be treasured for her caring.