Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Fantasy Flowers

 

Today I've created some fantasy flowers.

They are actually for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey

Her theme is Heavy Metal.

Note the flourish I tried to add on the end of the "s."  It is supposed to match the "stems" of the flowers.



It's hard to photograph gold, so there are some glaring flowers in the mix.

For this page, I began with 110 lb. cardstock, to which I added three colors of green and a bit of gold for the background.  The flowers are washed and dried peanut butter cup holders and the stems are removed from recipes I used in a previous journal page.  The flowers were covered with gold fluid acrylic paint.  I was going to color all the stems, but decided that was too much bling.  I'm not really a bling person.

Thanks so incredibly much for visiting today.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.  And I hope to catch up with everyone soon.
 

 

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Sami said...

These reminded me of little chocolate cups. Very well done Elizabeth.
Hope you are recovering well from your eyes.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool! LOL, I´ve never heard of peanut butter cup holders. The shape reminds of some very, very sweet stuff my Grandma had. It was a pain, so sweet and she was always so proud to give them to me hence I "ate" them, LOL.
Thank you for the memory, "ach choi, ach choi"!

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful, beautiful things.
I do hope you are recovering well.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Elizabeth-very creative

Mae Travels said...

Now we know: you must like peanut butter cups! Me too. I think we ate all the ones that were in the house.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Very creative! I DO love the background again!

My name is Erika. said...

Those are fabulous flowers. I like the idea of fantasy flowers. Maybe they can bloom outside right now in the cold. This is a clever page my dear friend. Love those flowers. Stay warm. And hopefully you're not in that bad weather I see on the news. Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

What a pretty way to do the stems! And peanut butter -- yum! This is a fun one.

DVArtist said...

I really thought the flowers were some sort of bottle caps. Brilliant on the use of PB cup papers. Stay warm and safe today.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yummm :) I love those peanut butter cups, and this is such a fun use of the wrappers.

craftytrog said...

I love your fantasy flowers Elizabeth! Great use of the wrappers!
Hope you are keeping safe and well,
Alison xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love those flowers - and the flourish! Thanks for making another page for my theme, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

The Liberty Belle said...

So creative! I would have never thought of that.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

what a great idea Elizabeth...I actually thought these were bottle caps !!! hope you are feeling better and doing great; have been off the grid here since friday ~~

bleu and squiggles; we hope ewe doodz iz aye oh kay soooper grate gettin inta trubullz :) ♥♥☺☺

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous flowers Elizabeth! Great shine on them! Hugs, Chrisx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great fantasy flowers page!
Hugs Elke

RO said...

Now I want gold jewelry AND chocolate.(lol) More great work! Sending some hugs and more hugs, RO

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like these flowers.

Sending healing wishes to you.

All the best Jan