Monday, January 18, 2021

My mysterious side

 

 I'm back joining Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Favorite Things.

This may seem a bit far fetched, but this is the year I want to be different. 

That means I want to unleash my mysterious side.
 
Erika also suggested we could use our favorite tools, so I'm using my mists and a magazine image.  Since I can't draw (nor do I care to learn), images gleaned from magazines are a godsend to me.

In addition to being mysterious, I want to return to nature.

This definitely is part of my mysterious side.
 
For this page, which I created on 110 lb. cardstock, I laid down several of my handmade shimmering mists.   I found this incredible image in a magazine and cut it to size.  I then added two flowers cut from a magazine, along with two leaves.  I tried to position three leaves on the dress, but the third one didn't fit.  I also added three S&H green stamps for a bit of mystery.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to visit us today, and we would love to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Favorite Things.  Two of mine are shimmering mists and magazine images.




19 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

wow beautiful post love those gorgeous colours and the focus on the fab lady. xx

Iris Flavia said...

You made me laugh with "(nor do I care to learn)", at least you´re honest, LOL!!! And I mean laugh, I do!
Great work - and motto!

Elephant's Child said...

What a fun take on mystery.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page. I will have to search for my mysterious side! Hugs, Valerie
Could you please link my TsfT entry this evening?

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like this mysterious side. That is a great image. And you handmade shimmering mists are always beautiful, and they look great here. They give a definite mystery to your page. Art is all about doing what you love and making your favorite things. I just had to tie that in-smile. This is a super page and I appreciated you linking up again. It's fun seeing and reading about what people love. Happy Monday. See you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

magiceye said...

Wonderful work!

CJ Kennedy said...

The colors and the image go so well together and what a great aspiration for the year.

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful background. It really works so well with the idea of mystery. I've never used those -- I can see why you like them so much.

craftytrog said...

I love this page Elizabeth! That's a wonderful inky background, and a fabulous image.
Take care mysterious lady,
Alison xx

Barbara said...

Nice “misty” background! Always love especially your backgrounds. For me, it’s where you inner artist shows the most, usually not covered with images from others. The whole package works so very well with themes, but I’m in love with your backgrounds most! 😄

Mae Travels said...

Please tell us some day the mysterious secret of S&H green stamps. I checked, and as of 2015 you could still redeem them for some pittance! So maybe the mystery is why you wasted them?

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

Loving the movement in this, and the colors. I wouldn't know how to be mysterious lol It sounds like an interesting journey

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I suppose we all have a bit of a mysterious side, don't we? Mine would be to conduct a symphony orchestra. I have nowhere near the skill and knowledge required to do so, but that's the whole purpose of dreaming isn't it? Think I'll put on Beethoven's Fifth and pretend I am Simon Rattle! I wouldn't even dare to be Herbert von Karajan!

nwilliams6 said...

Love this, Elizabeth. Your woman is super cool and those words are very thought-provoking. Wonder what fun things you will do when you unleash your mysterious side? Fun stuff. Love that you make your own sprays and used them too.

Those S&H stamps brought back a lot of memories of my Mom and Grandmother saving them in little books. We got toasters, serving trays, electric razors, etc. with them. Thanks for adding them on your page.

Hugz

Cloudia said...

Magical!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like it - a fabulous mysterious side.

All the best Jan

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is so lovely your journal page with the dancing lady and the spraying of paint, I love it ...
Have a good day, Hug Elke

ElizabethR said...

Reminds me of my belly dance friends! Just lovely.

Neet said...

This has to be one of my favourite pages. I love how you have created this with your sprays. I do snot get on with sprays as how i try, I get blobs!
Love the lady and the way you cut her out with the swirls encompassing the words. Fabulous!
Hugs, Neet xx
ps I am going to be "fun" this coming year. No more doldrums or negativity from now on - all because I read about Lyn Slater on someone's blog.