Sunday, January 3, 2021

Monday Murals: a review


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.

Every year I review what I've shown on specific days or link parties and this is the first full year at Monday Murals.  I hope some of these were your favorites, too.

January, 2020


 February, 2020

March, 2020

April, 2020


May, 2020

June, 2020


July, 2020


August, 2020

September, 2020

October, 2020

November, 2020


December, 2020


If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


23 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Some beautiful murals here, I like the ones with the women best! Have a great day, stay warm and safe! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I adore murals and many of these are clever and/or beautiful.

Words and Pictures said...

It's been a wonderful year of wall art... I think I've caught most of them until very recently with the move and everything. I do hope your electricity is safely back now - it's not the season to be without heat and light! It's very gloomy and foggy here, a day to enjoy candles and hot water bottles from a cosy room... Can't complain though, we've had nearly a week of glorious sunshine, though very very cold - but the blue skies are amazing. Hope 2021 will be a great one for you.
Alison x

Sami said...

Great mural review Elizabeth. My favourites are the January, the July and the December ones.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

CJ Kennedy said...

These are so cool. Nothing like this out in my neck of the woods.

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful you are lucky to have so many close by Happy new week

Tom said...

...what a wonderful collection for the 2020. The buffalo in September would look right at home in Buffalo, NY. I hope that 2021 will be bright and healthy for you.

Mae Travels said...

Such a great collection! Your town is really full of great street art.

be safe and well, and have a great 2021 -- mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

You have so many gorgeous murals in Wichita. It is nice to see these again. I feel like I get in a little arm chair traveling this way, which is always fun to do when you don't go many places because of covid. Glad to hear your power is back on and hopefully your weather is better. We have 2 different forecasts for the storm as it reaches us. Some say we are going to get some snow, and some say it is mostly going to miss us and go out to sea. Who knows. Happy end of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

How exciting that you have so many large pieces where you are!

pearshapedcrafting said...

A good look back - the bison is my favourite! VChrisxx

Dianne said...

that first mural is my favorite! you know me and abstracts, lol. Do I detect some strong indigenous peoples messages here? well done. thanks for sharing!

Jeanie said...

You saw some magnificent ones this year, Elizabeth. It's hard to pick a favorite -- but you know I love my bright colors!

Lowcarb team member said...

There are some beautiful murals here, I enjoyed them.

Wishing you a good new week ahead.

All the best Jan

Rita said...

They are all striking! :)

Birgit said...

All of these are so cool and original. My favourites are April then March, June and December. Back to regular work Monday....sigh but I am grateful to have a job.

Bertiebo said...

Great murals. I love the first one and the last one

Iris Flavia said...

Great summary!! Great idea, too.

Debbie said...

A great look back over the year - strange to think back to the early months before lockdowns descended on us.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Feb and Mar are my favourites. Debbie did a recap too. Perhaps I will next week.

DVArtist said...

Wow these are all spectacular. Thank you for sharing these.

DVArtist said...

Hey Elizabeth the answer to the question about the mural in Florence, is yes, it is still there. There on only 2 or 3 in my town but Eugene has mural projects. Here is a link for you. https://www.eugene-or.gov/3492/20x21-EUG-Mural-Project and here https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/37855/20-x-21-Mural-Brochure?bidId= also Portland, OR. has many.

Linda said...

There's a lot of emotion in some of these. I guess that's what gives them so much power.