Monday, January 25, 2021

Might this be a favorite?

 

I'm once again joining my friend Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Favorite Things.  And because it has a bit of winter blue, I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday with their theme this fortnight, which is Winter Blues.

It's late night here, and I decided to create my first abstract of 2021.  The only light is my OTT full spectrum light.

I got a little carried away and forgot to show the green I laid down before I added the lovely magenta I blended in the watercolor blending tray.

I've finished adding the magenta and realized I had a lot of white space left.

That's when I added a slightly different color green to the center.

To finish this entry, I added black watercolor ink around the original three blue images and three hashtags I created using a faux credit card that I dipped in black watercolor ink.

I created this entry using 110 lb cardstock, to which I added five different color watercolors.  I'm not sure this is my favorite abstract, but I was playing with a specific design in the abstract.  I feel I achieved that, at least.  It made me a bit blue that it didn't come out on paper the way I envisioned it in my head, though.
 
Bleubeard and I are incredibly thrilled you chose to visit us today, and we would love to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Favorite Things.  You still have plenty of time to share a favorite of yours, too.  And don't forget to visit Try it on Tuesday with your Winter Blues, too.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am endlessly awed at just how many creative people inhabit the blogosphere.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool work, especially the lines, they remind me of the game tic-tac-toe.
So up to date. Who will win? Us, the people? The politicians, getting all the money, or just "Corinna", keeping us away from our normal lifes? From travel, dining out, enjoying company?
Clever work.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours love this and those creative lines added...you are a creative young lady..
Monte, well I didn't blog about him as it was before Christmas that he was bitten by either a red belly or brown snake, both deadly here, and didn't survive. It was heart wrenching losing him as he was my boy and a beautiful one at that. I couldn't talk about it and still find it hard, hence why we got a rescue dog but she has been treated so bad by the previous owner, we hope we can make her happy. she is coming good and today I was in the pool and resting on the edge, she came over, licked my hands and nose then ran off like a rocket,...hahaha...xx

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun and colourful page you created! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great abstract. I am loving your choice of colors with the blue also. That hatch design is amazing. Using the old credit card was a really smart and creative way to make it. I just realized there is also a hidden good thing to making an abstract (after reading your post). If it makes you blue, you can then go on and use it for a background. But I like it as it is. Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, and also for linking up to AJJ again also. Hard to believe that February is just around the corner. Holy cow. Happy Monday. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

You know I love this abstract. Great colors and the added black sets it off.

Sandra Cox said...

I love it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Can you please link me again to TsfT? Thanks!

CJ Kennedy said...

Nicely done.

Divers and Sundry said...

I favor abstracts and like what you did here with the color and design. Nice!

Jeanie said...

I think it is wonderful how you work to themes. I'm not as fond of abstract art as I am something more realistic but I love the combo of colors in this one!

Karen said...

Very pretty colors ~ Looks like it was fun to create ~

craftytrog said...

I love this abstract page Elizabeth!
I've been making watercolour backgrounds today, now I know how to finish them off :-)
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like these colours together, it really works well.

All the best Jan

Helen said...

Amazing abstract, and LOVE your color choices! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your colour choices here Elizabeth! #Great abstract!!! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

Fab colors and patterns, Elizabeth. Love how you showed us the journey. Lovely. Hugz

Mrs.B said...

A great take on our Winter Blues challenge Elizabeth, it's a great page.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

Neet said...

My first abstract canvas had similar colours to this so you took me back quite a few years (well more than a few LOL). Love the magenta - a favourite colour of mine with the blue - think I just used green with my purples. I think art should always be 'fun'.
Hugs to all
Neet xxx