Monday, November 30, 2020

What is the meaning of ?

 

Today we welcome a new and very talented first time host to Art Journal Journey.  Meet the incredible Tracey of Hotchpotch Creations.  Her blog is called New Beginnings.. Creating in my Corner.  Tracey has chosen What is the meaning of for her theme this month.  I look forward to playing along.  I learned I was quite literal with this theme.

For me, the question is

What does it mean when rust forms?
 
Just look at all that gorgeous rust.

In case you can't read this:
Rust is a naturally occurring phenomenon when steel and iron are exposed to oxygen and water over time.

Other metals may corrode, but there's an actual chemical change when rust occurs.
I even remembered to add the date this month.

For this page, I started with 110 lb. cardstock that I rusted.  I have several tutorials on rust in case you want to know and understand the process.  I then took another page that was rusted darker and used it as the mat for the words I computer generated, then rusted, although I didn't leave the words in the rust very long because I was running out of time.  Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  Tracey, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Yvonne, Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on The Meaning OfWe welcome art journal pages that meet the size requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose or stand alone pages, and digital art.  We do not allow cards, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins.
 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Very interesting page, and right up your street, I know how you love rust. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, help, Elizabeth, how can you do this to me???
I just ... finally (boy, embarrassing) saw your Tutorial-link.
Do I dare to click? You will make me learn! And this new challenge is super-cool, too!
As is your work here!
Your blog is dangerous. In a wonderful way of course :-)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Elizabeth could there have been anything more beautiful than the natural formation of rust sigh!! An intriguing phenomenom that gives us something unique each time, wouldn't your piece make an amazing book cover! Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing your love for the wonders of rust and the biggest of welcomes as I Guest Host @ Art Journal Journey during December.
Hugs Tracey xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That's an interesting, creative Page to Tracy's subject. I have never seen or dealt with how it goes that there are such colors. Except when you saw something rusty outside.
Take care of yourself and have fun with the topic, hugs Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's no surprise that rust should feature here - I don't think that your love of all things rust is a secret! It's a beautiful page, those fabulous patterns that the formation of rust make are always fascinating!
Take care, hugs, Chrisx

Barbara said...

I did a lot of rust dyeing in the past. I used to pick up every little piece of metal on my walks that presented itself and add it to my collection. I loved the surprise of unexpected images. Yours are wonderful, Elizabeth! They make me want to do this again!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I very much like this take on the theme. And I love the rust on your page. Very very cool. You could call this page oxidation. Now I am geeking out! Smile. Happy December! I think this will be a fun month too at AJJ. HUgs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

This prompt looks like it'll provide for varied interpretations, and I love yours!

DVArtist said...

Now this is soooo cool. I love these colors and the way it melts into the papers. Genius!

Sami said...

Very cool rust colours Elizabeth :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; this is the first item that's "rusty" I've enjoyed seeing. though my mom has a garden sculpture that was rusted on purpose that's ..not bad !!! ☺☺♥♥

Halle said...

Ah such rusty goodness.

Rita said...

I had to chuckle that you would pick the meaning of rust--so fits your crafting skills, Elizabeth!! So you! :)

Meggymay said...

Catching up as usual and wow to the rust, this is an awesome page, you can make rust sound good and look beautiful.
Stay safe my friend
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

That rust looks yummy!!! xx

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, this is educational and beautiful! Such a cool page!!! Thanks for sharing the link - I am going to go watch it right now. Fun thing to do with the grandkids too. Hugz

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving your rusty page, it looks amazing! Such a great theme over at AJJ this month and I was so pleased to see Tracey hosting too 😁. Happy December! Hugs, Jo x

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful page, Elizabeth, and I learned something too! I've been calling corrosion "ugly rust." Silly me. Hugs, Eileen