Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday Smiles 396: back to the Botanical Gardens

 

It's Friday and time to join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) along with the wonderful ladies at Friday Smiles.  Today we're headed back to the Botanical Gardens.

I heard music in the distance as I walked along the new path to the Carousel Horses.

Lo and behold, the carousel was being tested the day I was there.

There were several people

behind the barrier when I arrived.  I had to wait until one or two moved out of the way so I could get a closer look.

I took so many photos, I knew you wouldn't want to wade through all of them.  Instead, I turned them into  a mosaic.  You might be able to see that some of the lights were not on (or maybe weren't working).  I was able to take a lot of photos as the carousel turned and turned, though.  You can tell each of the horses is different and their positions are evident from the way the lights are showing in the photos.  If you double click on the image, you should get a full sized photo.

Here's a shot showing there will be something else, possibly a restaurant or gift shop, going in on the side of the carousel.
 
I have tons more photos of the Botanical Gardens, but I'm going to save them for another time.

Today is Day 13 of AEDM, where I joined a link-up party and shared photos I took of the Botanical Gardens in my city.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. The mosaic wouldn't open up for me so I couldn't see it, sorry! Have a good and safe day, Valerie

Helen said...

the carousel looks fab!

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful carousel - glad they keep preserving it, it´s an artwork.

Pimenta Mais Doce said...

Hey love! i LOVED your post and your blog!
i already followed and i want to invite you to visit and follow mine too <3

pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.pt

Annie said...

What a beautiful carousel. I rather liked the mosaic of it.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

How lucky to arrive when they were running it. Carousels are so lovely and it's great to see them being looked after so well too. I love the art work on all fairground rides. I'm wondering whether you could cut the photographs and make them into a flip book, what fun that would be. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

WendyK said...

That looked like a fun day out.

Lisca said...

Weren't you lucky to witness a trial run of the carousel!
I was thinking along the same lines as Angela: making the mosaic photos into a flip book and then it will seem the carousel is moving.
The horses are lovely and beautifully restored. A work of art indeed.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

That must have been a real treat to see the carousel in motion. It is a beauty. I can't wait until visiting museums and such is something more safe to do again. I miss them. I like these views as they give me a little look! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday the 13th. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, How Fun for you to see the carousel run. That must have made you very happy
Enjoy your Friday

RO said...

Such a lovely carousel! Been a lot of years since I've been on one of those. Happy Friyay and BIG Hugs, RO

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely carousel. There was a smaller one at the beach where I lived in Cyprus and my little boy loved it. Thanks for sharing your mosaic. It was fun and brought back some happy memories. Kate x

Divers and Sundry said...

I wanna go! So I'll enjoy virtual trips there anytime you share them :)

craftytrog said...

Great photos Elizabeth! That carousel is a beauty!
Alison xx

Mia said...

Oh I love carousels. Every year there is a big carousel on Syntagma square, the central square in Athens (Greece), in front of the parliament. But this year we are in lockdown. I do not think I will have the chance to admire the carousel this year. So, thank you so much for the lovely photos you share with us, Elizabeth. Kisses!

LA Paylor said...

oooo daily art... now that's news I can enjoy! I loved your pointing fingers display!

DVArtist said...

I love this post. It reminds me of my mom. she loved the carousel and she repaired the horses for some of them. Thanks for bringing me a wonderful memory.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

how neat !!! I haven't seen a carousel in years !! happy weekend Elizabeth

happee week oh end two ewe bleu N squiggles♥♥♥

Lisca said...

Thanks so much for directing me to Serena's blog with her amazing turtle. What a beautiful drawing. I love it. I wish I could draw like that.
Thank you very much,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful carousel. I can almost hear the music. And so perfect for you and your love of rocking horses

Rita said...

There's something almost exotic about the old carousels. :)

Barbara said...

Carousels are happy things. I don’t see any face masks though. 🙀

Jeanie said...

Oh, how I'd love a ride on that carousel!

pearshapedcrafting said...

The carousel horses are always a great thing to see at the fair. These look quite old! Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see your photographs, the carousel looks good :)

All the best Jan

Serena Lewis said...

What a lovely carousel! It takes me back to my childhood when we loved riding the carousel horses. I haven't seen one in many years though as we don't really go to the showgrounds any more. Loved your pics!