Sunday, October 11, 2020

Signs of autumn

 

I know many of you are expecting to see Monday Murals now, but I've pushed that post back a few hours so I could share this tag I made just tonight. 

I created this tag for both Pinky's choice of tags at Tag Tuesday, which is Trees and Try it on Tuesday's theme which is Autumn Colors.  


The first photo I showed was not really true to color.  I color compensated in the other two photos and now the color is closer to correct.  For this tag, I started by laying down a part of a bag I received.  Next came part of a beautiful napkin I was gifted to which I also added a silk leaf.  Finally, I received a piece of junk mail and couldn't believe my eyes.   I knew I had to cut around the image and add it to the tag.  

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope to also see you at Try it on Tuesday and Tag Tuesday with your own tag.  Of course, I'll also be back in a few hours with Monday Murals.

Before I forget, is anyone joining me again this year at Art Every Day Month (or AEDM)?  It will be my 10th year and our host, Leah Piken Kolidas's 19th year.  If, like me you post every day, consider joining me.  Since I'm only on Blogger, I won't be joining them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.  However, you can find where to join these other social media sites, if you wish by going here.  You can sign up there, too.  Whatever you create during those 30 days will be acceptable.  It might be a link up party, photos from a walk, sewing, art, or even cooking.  It doesn't matter.  Please consider joining me this year.
 
 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a lovely tag! Your junk mail really came in useful there. Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT and TT, much appreciated! Have a great day! Take care, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Junk mail! Well, lovely junk mail, owl-fan here 🦉
Love that tag.

CJ Kennedy said...

You get awesome junk mail, and you made a beautiful tag.

LA Paylor said...

how cool is this!!! Love the way you created the background in gray tones, but in a grid. And the way the moon really stands out. Well the leaves on the tree, the stamped painted leaves, the owl... all of it.It would look AWESOME in fabric... we live in Colorado now, Aurora near Denver. I'd love to chat about design walls and story boards for fabric... my email is leeannaquilts at gmail dot com
LeeAnna

Mae Travels said...

Nice owl and pumpkin on your art work! Very pretty autumn motifs.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I really like this one. It is very Native traditional. Yes I will be joining Leah this year too. Enjoy your Sunday.

DVArtist said...

Left the comment for the wrong post. LOL I like this too. Just loosin' it ya know old age. LOL

Jeanie said...

I love the graphics on this post. It is the perfect fall tag!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hurray for junk mail - T thinks I'm crazy going through it!! You and I know that it's not crazy at all! I love this tag Elizabeth, such beautiful Autumn colours and a cute owl too! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, you captured fall with tag. I love the blue check background with the leaves. Thanks for sharing this over at Try It On Tuesday. And owls are a favorite, so that image is perfect! Hope it was a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

Terrific tag! Like you, I find some of the images in junk mail are just too good to part with!

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet! You really captured the spirit of the season :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful tag! The gingham background and the pretty owl scene with the leaves capture autumn beautifully 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

pinky said...

This is such a gorgeous inky creation and I love cute owl, tree and pumpkin! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday xx
Pinky

Michele said...

these are so lovely! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Meggymay said...

A fabulous autumn tag Elizabeth. The owl looks a bit fierce. I think he is guarding that pumpkin.
Stay safe and thank you for joining us all at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx