Sunday, October 11, 2020

Monday Murals: Homies


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  I pushed this post back a few hours so I could share a tag I made last night.  Don't worry.  You won't miss anything.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  That means you only have to wait an hour to see what mural or murals she and others share this week. 

This mural is called "Homies."  It's located in a narrow alley between two buildings.

The first time I was here, there were cars and trucks in the spaces and you couldn't see the mural in its entirety. 

I was so glad I came back because this is a gem.

I love how there's a take on our city flag.

I was backed against the building next door, and still couldn't get the entire image in one shot.

It was painted by Aaron Jackson Bowman in 2019 during Avenue Art Days.  It is located at Mo's Auto Body Shop at 134 South Laura, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...the graphics on this one are great!

DVArtist said...

The is the correct one. LOL I do like this it is very Native traditional. Have a great day.

Mae Travels said...

These murals use color in an amazingly vivid and expressive way. Great find!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kwarkito said...

I very graphic and original mural. have a nice week

CJ Kennedy said...

I immediately recognized elements from you city flag. Awesome mural.

kathyinozarks said...

Great mural-I agree really nice graphics

My name is Erika. said...

I like this one too. It is a clever take on the sun symbol, and I just love how artist manipulated iteach time. I'm with you. This is a gem! Hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I love the energy of this mural. It has loads of impact and power to it and of course the colors are terrific. I'm glad you went back -- as you said, a gem!

Rita said...

Great graphics and color. :)

Bertiebo said...

Great find, beautiful painting

Iris Flavia said...

Interesting one. The contrast between happy colors and the exact lines sure has something.

Sami said...

I'm glad you managed to photograph the mural without the cars Elizabeth. It's very eye-catching.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Nancy said...

Wonderful graphics and color! I love this one. Glad you were able to get some shots without the vehicles. It's worth seeing.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Don't you hate when people inconsiderately park their cars in front of murals!!!
This is a nice piece of art.

Divers and Sundry said...

An unusual design. I like it! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous mural! The colours and design are very eye catching - gorgeous 😁. Happy Monday! Hugs, Jo x