Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday Smiles 394: An early Christmas gift


It's Friday, so let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) along with the wonderful ladies at Friday Smiles.

Recently, my shopaholic friend Kathy visited and brought me an early Christmas gift.  Apparently she no longer wanted or had a use for this.

Does anyone know what she gave me?

Here's a view inside the bag.

These are the instructions that I will definitely need to read.

There are, what seems to be dozens of tiny and not so tiny pockets.

Did you guess?

Yes, it's a Bind it All.

But that wasn't all.  She gave me several boxes

of different sized binding wires, too.  Talk about putting a SMILE on my face.  I'm overjoyed.  Now I need to find a place to put it where I will actually use it.


Here are a few funnies I found while cleaning my office last year.  


Teacher: "If I gave you 2 cats and another 2 cats and another 2, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven."
Teacher: "No, listen carefully... If I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven."
Teacher: "Let me put it to you differently. If I gave you two apples, and another two apples and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Six."
Teacher: "Good. Now if I gave you two cats, and another two cats and another two, how many would you have?"
Johnny: "Seven!"
Teacher: "Johnny, where in the heck do you get seven from?"
Johnny: "Because I've already got a freaking cat!" 




A blonde and a redhead have a ranch. They have just lost their bull. The women need to buy another, but only have $500. The redhead tells the blonde, "I will go to the market and see if I can find one for under that amount. If I can, I will send you a telegram." She goes to the market and finds one for $499. Having only one dollar left, she goes to the telegraph office and finds out that it costs one dollar per word. She is stumped on how to tell the blonde to bring the truck and trailer. Finally, she tells the telegraph operator to send the word "comfortable." Skeptical, the operator asks, "How will she know to come with the trailer from just that word?" The redhead replies, "She's a blonde so she reads slow: 'Come for ta bull.'"


Q: What starts with E, ends with E, and has only 1 letter in it?
A: Envelope.



A husband and wife were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, then they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?" She leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing." 


 
Math Teacher: "If I have 5 bottles in one hand and 6 in the other hand, what do I have?"
Student: "A drinking problem."  


My friend told me he had the body of a Greek god. I had to explain to him that Buddha is not Greek. 


Teacher: "Which book has helped you the most in your life?"
Student: "My father's check book!"  


Now let's head over to Annie's because she knows how to put a smile on everyone's faces.  And whatever you do, please don't forget to start your weekend off right with a few Friday Smiles of your own.  And remember, if you would like to play along, Annie would love to have you join us. If you have a Bind-it-All, any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I recognized the bind it all straightaway, I have had one for many years. Useful if you like making books. And great that you got the wire, too, they are always so expensive to buy. Have fun playing with it! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Santa came early, what a lovely surprise!
And thank you for the smiles!

RO said...

What a lovely gift and I love the color so much! Can't wait to see all the things you come up with once you start playing around with it! Thanks for the Friday smiles too! Hugs, RO

CJ Kennedy said...

That is a very cool gift. Lucky you. Loved the Friday Smiles. Have a great day!

Karen said...

Lucky you! That's a wonderful present for you to create themed books with. Your funnies got me laughing and it's early in the AM so now I've got a smile ~ Thank you! ~ Enjoy the weekend

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You lucky lady you are going to love Bind it All. I have had one for a long time but it's not that lovely pink. I don't use it as much as I should but when you make little books and journals it's perfect. I used to make lots of tag books and it's just perfect for those. Those funnies, I had my head in my hands and lots of head shaking too. They are so funny. Have a lovely weeekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

craftytrog said...

What a wonderful gift! I have one of those in a cupboard somewhere, haven't used it for quite some time though.
Loved your funnies!
Happy Friday,
Alison xx

DVArtist said...

Wow what a nice gift. I have a thermal binder that I use quite often. Great funnies too. Have a nice day.

Annie said...

It's a new toy to be so I will have to look it up to see what it does but I'm sure it's something you will put to good use.
Hugs,
Annie x

LA Paylor said...

score on the lovely gift! I laughed and laughed at the jokes, I needed that for sure. Have you been able to recover from the weekend stress of losing power? LeeAnna

Lisca said...

That is a beautiful gift! I can imagine that you are over the moon with it! I only recognized what it was when I saw the instruction book. The bag it came in can be used as a tool tidy. I have one exactly like yours and I bought it without the binder. It's very handy to put all sorts of bits and bobs in. Even the bottom opens up and I keep a box of rhinestones in there.
I laughed so much at your jokes. Each one of them is funny and I can't wait for hubby to come home and I will read them out to him.
Have a lovely weekend playing with your new 'toy'.
Stay safe,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! What a treat :) Such a thoughtful gift.

mamapez5 said...

Well that was a nice post Elizabeth. What a kind friend. I have a bind-it-all but I have to confess I rarely use it now. For a while it was difficult to get the wires out here, but my sister sent me some from UK. I just don't make many books any more.
Your funnies made me smile as usual, so thank you for taking the time to share them.
Enjoy making your books. Kate x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the funnies are great today; thanx for sharing.....nice way to end a friday; on a ☺☺☺ note ♫


bleu and squiggles...heerz two a grate howl o ween ☺☺

Rita said...

Oh, you are going to have such fun!!! What a wonderful gift.
The jokes were just great today. :)

Sharon Madson said...

Great funnies, Elizabeth! Made me smile. I didn’t know what your gift was for, but gather from the other comments that you put books together with it. Nice gift! Well we are going to get some warmth next week! Yay! I am not ready for Winter!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I love hearing stories of crafty stash finding new homes, have fun with it Elizabeth i've not used mine for ages but always top up on wires when they are on a deal as they can be quiet expensive. I'm envious of your storage.. now I feel I need one hee hee!! Funny funny's I especially like the Father cheque book haa haa! Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Glad you are back online, i've had internet but busy in the background and hiding in the craftroom during daylight time x

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful gift! Oh, you will be having suc h a grand time with it!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a wonderful Christmas gift from your friend! I bet it will be fun to use and you'll get good use out of it 😀. The funnies made me smile too! Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely gift.

Many thanks for the funnies :)

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous gift Elizabeth. You'll have fun making some spiral bound books I am sure. Keeping it short as I am in catch up mode. Hugs-Erika